Leaving - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Leaving

The boys are leaving today.
This women is wonderful and very sweet. She doesn't live too far away either just a few kms down the road. She came with the intention to only adopt Kutner and Wilson as she had lost her two senior cats.

The b/f has been getting on my case about not wanting three cats and a rabbit (plus a new dog possibly). I adore my little Chase Monster and knowing that his brothers were leaving didn't want to adopt him out alone and felt even stonger about keeping him. Well she phoned one night to catch up on the boys as they had URI and asked how it was going with bringing the b/f around with Chase. Told her not so good and she then asked if I might let her adopt him as well as she didn't want to see them seperated and poor Chase end up being the lone wolf.

So Chase, Kutner and Wilson all leave today. I'm going to miss them so much, the sound of the purrs, their meows, playfights, getting into things they shouldn't, snuggling up under the covers with them. The house is going to be so empty and quiet... I wish I could keep them. I'm a blubbering mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Leaving

You've done a great thing in getting the boys ready for their lives. I can't imagine how bittersweet it is for you right now, however. (((HUGS))) to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks Lee-Ann.

So far, I've put together a CD of all the pictures I have of them, I've decided to send them off with one of their favorite baskets and cat bed/pillow thing I was given that they love to sleep on as well as a few of their all time favorite toys. She has promised to keep me updated on them but even though they'll have a new "mom" they will always be my boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Premier Cat

I can imagine how hard it would be to see them all go at once, but wow, what a great, great success story in having them be adopted together. Think of what a huge success this experience has been. You are really to be congratulated.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Well my boys are gone.

She kept teling me not to cry that she'd take good care of them. But its hard not to. I just sat down at the computer, Chase usually joins me when I sit here, purring and kneading in my lap until he falls asleep. But my lap is empty and purrless now. Wilson is usually purring in the cat tree beside the computer and the tree is empty, Kutner would come and go from laying at my feet to being in one of the baskets in the room and now he's not here. Just Floof and Reyna, whos running around the house already checking all the spots they used to hide in including under the blankets in the baskets they used to sleep in, yowling.

I can't help but keep thinking I'll never get to hold them or hear them again. I keep reaching down by the chair to scoop a kitten up as there is always one sitting beside it waiting for their turn on my lap and all I grab is air.

I want my boys back...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Premier Cat

You did an amazingly wonderful thing for those kittens. Plus for the home they are now in. She is getting well adjusted, healthy, happy content kitties. You got them off to a good start.

I always am grateful to the person who fostered my Mz Tess. I adopted her at 1 1/2 yrs old. She waited over a year for me to come choose her. She is a love. No issues. A cuddle bug. Goes with the flow. I credit the foster family that got her at 4 months of age.

My heart goes out to you today. I know the pangs you feel. Thumbs up to you!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I think you deserve a hug for caring for them. It would break my heart too, but you know they will be loved and cared for in a good home. God bless you. You have a big heart.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

You did a good thing adopting them all out together.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Premier Cat

Hugs to you. Today I made that call that would put my two foster-kittens into the adoption system. Today, they also napped with me for the first time, snuggled up behind my knees. I will be so sad to see them go, but I feel so good knowing I definitely changed their lives.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Premier Cat

You are a true hero, Lilac! (((HUGS)))
Will you be able to keep in touch with Chase, Kutner and Wilson? It's so great that they are staying together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page