my cat looks sick like he had a stroke, has anyone seen this - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

my cat looks sick like he had a stroke, has anyone seen this

my cat looks like he had a stroke, his toungue is hanging out, hes lethargic and wont eat. a thick drooling around his mouth and hes losing weight, no light in his eyes.

he used to be very happy, then about 2 or 3 days ago, suddenly he doesnt seem to recognize me at first and he looks dazed and confused. hes not eating, i feel like hes dying. i have no money for a vet.

he seems not in any pain, and he can find his way in and out teh cat door and around to his favorite places. but hes moving very slow and seems to sit in one place for quite awile before moving on.

has anyone ever seen this. i am tyhinking it looks like he had a stroke because nothing is apparently hurt, he purs a little if i pet him, but his mouth is all sticky looking and tongue hanging out. i did see him drink a little water but it looks like he cant control his tongue very well. his eyes look a little crossed. and he makes a little whimper sound occasionally, but doesnt appear in pain, just kinda dazed and confused and dying... im sad and want to help him to come back and not get worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM

Re: my cat looks sick like he had a stroke, has anyone seen this

has your cat ever been tested for fiv/felv? Is he an outdoor or indoor cat?I would call around and see if you can find a vet willing to work with you on payments or find a no kill shelter and see if you can turn your cat over to them!your cat is obviously suffering and although I understand times are hard financially for mostly everyone,you have a pet and it is your responsibility to do all you can to assure its safety and well being.Is there any way he ingested something?Do you have anyone you could borrow some money from?try care credit.Good luck and I hope your cat feels better soon.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Premier Cat

I am very sorry your cat is doing so poorly. Unfortunately, from what you are describing, his problems are much too serious for anyone on the internet to be able to help you. He needs to see a vet.
Heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Your cat should see a vet as soon as possible. I hope he has some good years left, poor baby.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbabylover
has your cat ever been tested for fiv/felv? Is he an outdoor or indoor cat?I would call around and see if you can find a vet willing to work with you on payments or find a no kill shelter and see if you can turn your cat over to them!your cat is obviously suffering and although I understand times are hard financially for mostly everyone,you have a pet and it is your responsibility to do all you can to assure its safety and well being.Is there any way he ingested something?Do you have anyone you could borrow some money from?try care credit.Good luck and I hope your cat feels better soon.
not tested for fiv.
outdoor/indoor cat

i do know someone now that i think about it, they help injured animals and know all about them. he doesnt seem to know that hes suffering. but i can tell dehydration will kill him if i dont get him help.

he could have injested something but i keep them well fed with organic food.
maybe i can get the local vet to see him and bill me.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Your cat should see a vet as soon as possible. I hope he has some good years left, poor baby.
he is about 10. i rescued him back when he was little and about to be euthinized. he had a complete and totally awesome life. im taking him to one of the 2 places i can think of to take him tomarrow.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Premier Cat

Good luck. Sending best wishes and healing thoughts your way that everything works out. Please keep us updated as to how he does. The information you share could help other members who find themselves with a similar problem with their own cat.
Heidi

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Banned

That sounds horrible, really hope everything works out.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

If you think he's in danger of becoming dehydrated, I would give him some soupy food with a syringe. Dehydration is very dangerous. And take him to the vet also, of course.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Premier Cat

Im glad you are taking him to a vet asap. Cats hide pain and being sick. Its a survival method not to let other animals know how bad off they are. Deducting, he possible could of ingested a poison outside if he is an indoor/outdoor. Or eaten something inside like a string etc.

I can tell you love your cat or you wouldnt be posting. I would rush him to an emergency vet. The symptoms merit this kind of action.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page