My decision - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Cat

My decision

I decided when I moved out next Nov, I will be leaving Syble here. When I told my aunt she was to say the least happy, ecstatic is more the word and even that falls short of how happy she seemed to be, of course that seemed to last for a brief moment before she pulled on the "I'm tough" act and said "well ya woulda had a fight anyway!"

I decided (at this point in time anyway) that when i move out im not going to get another cat, even with Syble, though I love the little evil monster, I feel like I'm trying to replace my cat Meow, who I lost when we moved here, she was 17 years old and she was my life. I don't want any cat to be a replacement for what I had with her, it wouldn't be fair to them nor to me. Especially when I keep finding myself comparing Syble and Nub Nub to my Meow....

here is my video of my 3 cats who all went MIA shortly after we moved.. Booger, Beaudreaux, and of course Meow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fgdEuPMxdw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Premier Cat

Re: My decision

I knew your heart would make the decision that was right for you. And it looks like it certainly pleased your Aunt, too.
heidi

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Banned

All three of your cats ran away after you moved? That's so sad. I'm so sorry!

When you're ready, when you're healed and ready for a new furry companion, you'll know. <<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>> to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Meow actually was around 2 weeks after the other two, we were keeping them in a mini party huse in the backyard and were slowly accumulating them to the outside letting them get used to it and such (I had a cat leash) we planed to, after a couple months, to put in a cat door. well beaudreaux broke through the screen and booger followed, meow however being 17 years old doesnt like to do much, infact she was kind not doing too well health wise. But I brought her out at least once a day to lay in the sun in the nice soft grass which she loved to do, and my aunt one day thought she would be fine unsupervised when i was at work and Ive havnt seen her since. It took awhile for me to forgive my aunt for that. Booger I have no doubt she is still out there running around, she was in great health and definatly knew where to get herself some food and take care of herself, Beaudreaux we believe is down the road so we know she is fine (we know that fat cats waddle anywhere)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Premier Cat

(((HUGS)))
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Kitari, it's normal for a cat who has been moved to leave the new house. I think if you would keep your cat indoors only for at least a month, kitty will have time to get used to the new home, and her scent will be in the home. Then she will probably not leave. I think it's a good idea to keep cats indoors anyway, since I lost some beloved pets to cars. I hope you'll consider this before leaving kitty behind. I wish you the best.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Because of Syb's condition she will never be an outdoor cat, she was going to be an inside kitty. (and still is an inside kitty)

The old 3 were being kept indoors, not in the main hour but indoor's but they managed to force themselves through a window, and my aunt let meow out before i felt she was ready to come out, they were no supposed to be fully let out to room for about 2 months. Booger and beaudreaux vanished after 2days of the move, meow two weeks later.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

How far did you move? I have read that cats can find their homes from very far away. Perhaps they went back to your old house and are looking for you there.

I know what it feels like to have your kitty get lose. My first cat Playball disappeared one day long ago and never came back
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat

They are not there. they would have to cross 30 miles and a river to get back, not to mention a major road. Plus i go there at least once a week....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

Poor kitties. Poor you. I can't even imagine how much you must miss them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page