Ready to foster a cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Ready to foster a cat?

Hello everyone!

I'm halfway through college and moved to a flat about a year ago and i have always loved cats. Recently, I sarted thinking about getting a female kitty and I think this is the one:
http://www.anumex.com/animales-masco...ion-758590.htm
---brief translation---
Isabel
Oxford grey female kitty, similar to a British short hair, loving and calm, dewormed and vaccinated. She's shy at first but gets used to new people quickly. Neutered (right word for females?) this past December. Gets along with other cats, she's potty trained and prefers regular cat food.
---------------------
She looks pretty much like a real british shorthair but, this is mexico, cat pedigrees are not as common as dogs' and looks can be decieving.
And for what i have read, they're very calm and friendly cats, but not very active in general terms. My concern is she might feel lonely (i leave for school at 7 am come back for a couple of hours at noon, go back to class and back home again at around 3, sometimes 6). That's why i'm thinking maybe a brit shorthair would be an appropiate cat for my lifestyle, or maybe another breed? or no cat at all?
Besides, my girlfriend is not much of a cat person and maybe a docile cat will prove to her that all cats are not nose-munching animals (hehehe).
I think she's beautiful, and pure bred or not, i would love to take her in. (im talkin about the kitty, lol)
I've lived with cats and dogs all of my life but cats just rule!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Cat

Re: Ready for a cat?

Aw...she's beautiful - she looks SO MUCH like my cat Smokey that I had when I was growing up (I named her when I was 3 and thought I was v imaginative!!) - she was the most lovely dociel cat ever!

I'm not really as much of an expert on cats as other people here are (and I'm sure they'll post soon!) but cats are not like dogs in that they don't mind being left alone sometimes (peacful time to sleep!!) - in your case it sounds like she'll only really be alone for 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the afternoon which is a total of 8 hours a day - that's really not too long at all! So long as she gets lots of playtime and attention when you're around I'm sure she'f be very happy. You might also need to consider whether it would be practical/safe for her to get out of the flat where you live and also whether she is currently an indoor cat or if she's allowed out.

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page