Kitty Humor - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Kitty Humor

This morning when I woke up, Arianwen was waiting for me to give her breakfast. She was very hungry, and a little impatient. I knew this, and scrubbled her tummy, jokingly asking,"Is this a hungry tummy?".
Arianwen took my cue to play, and flipped on her side, lightly biting, bunny-kicking, and tightly holding my hand, all without using her claws. She was loudly purring the whole time, and I heard her softly say,"Good!Good!", as she pretended to eat my hand.
I laughed and said,"Arianwen, baby, my hand is not a big, fat mouse!". She grinned, softly saying,"Yes, mouse!", as she continued her play-preying on my hand, loudly purring, and not leaving a single mark. Of course, I didn't let the play escalate, putting out her breakfast pretty fast.
She's a sweet mini-tiger!
I thought it was cute playing with Arianwen that way. It shows how the trust between us has grown, to the point where she can joke that way with me.
It also shows that kitties purr when they are laughing, and they do indeed have a sense of humor.

I know the "cute" remark will stir controversy. I don't mean it that way. Don't let your cat play with your bare hands unless you are absolutely certain of the love and trust in your kitty's heart.
If your cat doesn't control his or her instinctive behavior, you could end up in a hospital needing stitches.

edit to fix spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Kitty Humor

Floofy is like that. Every bite and paw is gentle and he does not leave marks. Well, at least on me he doesn't, Hubby's skin is thin from the blood-thinners and you look at him funny and he bruises/bleeds. He has to be very careful playing with the cats. Louie is a knife and he doesn't realize how sharp his claws are, so we are always wary when playing with him.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Tom Cat

Duchess is a jokester. If I am not awake at the time she thinks I should be up she will sneak up on the bed and start chewing on my finger. Always gently and never leaves a mark. She will get this look in her eyes as if to say" are you ready to do battle?" and I rub her belly and she will roll around my hand like a spring, biting and bunny kicking, like she is dispatching a gazelle in the Congo. She has never left a bite mark or scratches on me once when playing like this.
Two times we were playing with a feather stick and I was lying on the floor flipping the thing around. She was doing some serious acrobatics and came down a bit short and her back claw caught my leg and she left a scratch. She stopped and came over and sniffed the scratch and gave me blinkys and rubbed my cheek with her head as if to say "I'm sorry"

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I love these little glimpses into the surprisingly complex mind of a kitty!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 AM

My Diamond kitty is about eight yrs old. Each night as soon as I am in bed and the lights go out, she starts running through the house meowing. The big boy Sylvestor P, who is in bed with me, and the 60 lb dog, who is in bed with me, are watching and listening intently. It is so funny that she starts as soon as the lights go out. It doesn't last long, maybe two to three mins or so.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Premier Cat

Lucy likes to get my attention when she thinks she should be fed, and one of the things she thinks is funny, is attacking my foot when I'm by my computer. She rolls around, attacks my foot, playfully biting, never hard, and then looks up at me to give me the silent meow. She's terribly spoiled, and lucky she's cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page