I got a new kitty. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I got a new kitty.

I just brought home a kitten today. Here's the background.

She belonged to the person I take care of horses for. Well she has an old mamma kitty there and she had kittens again. Never could find the nest. Last Friday, my niece and I rode over and took care of the horses and found the kitten. So we got crafty and took a piece of binder twine (Kitten was in the wall of the stall) and the hard end of a whip and got the binder twine looped around the kitten and gently lifted her out of the wall of the stall. (Now's the time I wish had a catch pole!) She was too far down to reach in and get her.

So we caught her. I put her in a cage there gave her food/water. Took care of her every day over the weekend. I was waiting for the owner of the place to get home. (She was working, she drives a semi.) She was home today and I asked if I could have her and she said yep.

Which is good cuz I'm the only one that feeds the barn kitties. Her granddaughter is too lazy to do so. Mamma kitty has disappeared. *Shrugs* I don't know where that cat is.

So I got her home. I named her Pixel. She's a youngster, probably 6-8wks old. She's really scared and underweight to. She hisses when I get near the cage.

She's going to be a barn cat here. But my barn cats are fed daily and are in very good health. (Just wanted to point that out...so I don't get jumped on...I know alot of barn cats tend not to get the right care but mine do.) Right now I have her in a good size cage with food/water, soft rug to lay on, and a litter box. If I turned her lose now, she'd be gone in a heart beat. But the way I am with animals I should have her tamed right down in a week. I can pick her up and mess with her. She's just really scared right now and will hiss.

I'm going to clean her up tomorrow. I figured I'd give her the night to settle into her new surroundings.
Going to give the vet a call tomorrow. We have a good vet/client relationship so I should be able to just speak to him about her and get the meds I need for her eyes. Oh and this little girl will be spayed. But not until she's a bit older and alot more healthy!

So that's my newest addition. Hopefully we'll get her eyes cleared up, get her weight up, and she'll be a tame, happy, healthy kitty in no time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Premier Cat

Re: I got a new kitty.

Oh, my! I think she'll be an adorable little kitty! When they realize you bring them fabulous FOOD they usually tame *very* quickly.
h

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Cat

OH her poor eyes!!! oh i just want to hold her and tell her she'll be ok...

she is the most lovely little kitten ive seen in a while. Such a lovely colour.

good luck with her xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Premier Cat

She looks like such a little sweetheart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thankyou everyone.

I absolutely love her color. She's beautiful. I saw that kitten and I HAD to have her.
She's already starting to calm down. I reached in her cage and she didn't go through her usual hissing fit.
I put a small bowl of goats milk in the cage and turned her towards it and just tapped her head enough to get a bit of milk on her lips and she started to lap it up.

I'll keep you all updated.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM

glad you got to keep her..she is a real beauty. I just love her coloring- very purrrty
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Premier Cat

What a sweetie! It looks like she just needs a little time and attention and she'll be a great barn kitty for you. Her coloring is so pretty!

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Well...the goat milk was a hit.

She had all of it gone out of her bowl by this morning. So when I milked this morning, I gave her fresh milk straight from the goat. Boy she loved it. Lol. She's drinking water to. And eating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page