kitty attachment - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

kitty attachment

ok i was wondering something and i haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere.

we got a kitten last year and i love her to bits! and i feel she is attached to me she likes to play and rub herself up on my legs, she sleeps on top of me, and we have the best time together. I LOVE HER TO BITS!

we are getting another kitten in a couple of days to keep out current one company, and because we just can't get enough as they are waaaaay too cute!

the problem i have is that i am moving in a couple of weeks to be nearer to work, the kittens are staying behind with my bf. I will be seeing them around 3 times a week as i will come to visit them and my bf especially for the weekends.

so i wanted to ask - do people think that me being away for the weekdays will make my older cat detach herself from me? do you think she will distance herself and not be affectionate towards me anymore? and also do you think that the new kitten will form an attachment to me at all without seeing me all week?

its breaking my heart that i have to move, but i really cannot do the commute anymore. I will see them every weekend as i will miss my bf too. its such a shame i can't take them with me (although i'm sure my bf wouldn't like that at all lol).

what do you reckon on the attachment issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Premier Cat

Re: kitty attachment

Cats don't forget their "pet" humans. So seeing your cat on weekends won't lessen her love for you. It may cause her to have some insecurity, though. IMO it would be better for her emotional well being if you can take her with you when you move into your new place.
Cats are usually okay with their people being gone seven or eight hours during the day. They just sleep while you're away.

If your cat is a year old, introducing a new cat might go more smoothly if you get a twelve week old kitten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page