Has your cat ever tried grooming you? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Has your cat ever tried grooming you?

I was laying in bed the other day just before bed, Charlie jumped up to get his prebedtimesnack/sleep pet, he started licking my goatee, and was using his teeth like they were a comb.

Has anyone else have had that kind of thing happen to them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Has your cat ever tried grooming you?

Cali grooms my hair every day. Several times a day. Not for long, just a few licks on the top of my head, which pulls my curls out. And if she's losing her balance, she digs in with her claws. Just an added bonus, no extra charge.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Callie used to drive me nuts, she must have thought I was really, really dirty. She was constantly licking me and she had the roughest tongue of any cat I've ever met. She would always groom around my hairline at night. And when I came home from the hairdresser, she would get on the back of the couch behind my head and lick and bite my head...and it hurt!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Premier Cat

When I use styling gel and hairspray, Squirrely-Jo tries to groom my bangs. I keep telling her: "I put that there on purpose, baby." Malibu likes to lick my arms after I've put a particular lotion on, though she only gives me about 4-12 licks and then she's done. One of my rainbow bridge kitties would groom my hair, giving it a few licks and then he'd *bite* the hair and it seemed like he was shaking his head and trying to tear it out in a clump. I had to make him stop, but I had to be careful and grab his paws because he would try to grab my head to make me stay so he could keep grooming me.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 02:53 AM

that is hilarious!! none of our cats to that! but the horses... they DO! when im feeding and am on the other side of the fence they reach over and with their lips *kiss* my head its the only way i know how to describe it, im sitting here making the motion but cant put it to words
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Premier Cat

Are they "lipping" your hair? Like they think it is hay or grass? I've had a horse do that once with my hair. It startled me so I jumped and then the horse startled and jumped, too. They never tried to lip my hair again, though. I felt bad for scaring it.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 AM

lol i had a cat long ago that would do that.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 AM

yep heidi! but i just act like they are givin lovins and "aww say thank you!" lol
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Premier Cat

Yup! It was the lipping that scared me. You know...the lips sort of slapping and popping together. It made me jump because I know horses use their lips to gather stuff (hay/grass) before taking a bite of their food. I didn't want to be food.
I've had one nuzzle my hair, rest their lips on my head and then wiggle their upper lip back and forth, sort of like a soft noogie. That sounded funny! ...a horse giving noogies!

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4204
...i just act like they are givin lovins and "aww say thank you!"
I thank Cali, too!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page