Lexie and Buttercup - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Lexie and Buttercup

They are now officially and 100% friends
For the last 2 days there has been zero hissing and swatting out of fear. In fact caught them laying in the window sill together in the laundry room. Of course as soon as they were caught Lexie promptly got up and lept away
When I fed them today they both ate out of the same bowl together. It was sweet, and all this in just under a week!
As an added bonus Buttercup the ankle assasin has not felt the need to attack me as I walk across the floor.. she's too busy chasing Lexie. I was shocked when I made it all the way across the room unscathed!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Lexie and Buttercup

That's wonderful news!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

I know! I'm so happy about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Premier Cat

WOOHOO

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Premier Cat

I think that is awesome. I love it when kitties get along together quickly! Some of my adults are *very* welcoming to new cats (fosters) and I've never had a problem integrating a kitten into the household, but I get very few kittens I get to keep. Most of mine come to me as adults and/or with problems; either medical or socializing skills needed. I also love watching them progress and become relaxed and happy housecats.

I laughed when you called B'cup the Ankle Assasin!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q

I laughed when you called B'cup the Ankle Assasin!
Oh shes soo bad about it. she watches me walk into the living room and runs behind the couch and jumps out in front of me on the other side..lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Charlee almost does that. She jumps out at me, but changes her mind at the last second, so it ends up looking like she's jumping sideways at me.

Smart kitty.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Hahaha yea she does that too... silly kitties!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Premier Cat

Buttercup ... runs behind the couch and jumps out in front of me on the other side...
Charlee ... jumps out at me, but changes her mind at the last second, so it ends up looking like she's jumping sideways at me.

My Marmalade (1996-200 was an Ambush-Kitty! He would also leap sideways at me; eyes wide, ears up or back, tail fluffed and raised, back arched AND he would make this little, long-drawn-out meow noise...sort of like a challenge and he'd swipe one front paw through the air in my direction as if saying: "Come on! You want a piece of me? Bring it!" If I lunged towards him, he'd leap away and hide behind a piece of furniture to 'ambush' me again. If I ran from him, he'd chase me while making his funny meow-challenge. The sound he made wasn't a "tomcats caterwauling sound", it was more like: "Mmmrrmmph! and would morph into "Mmmrrmmph-mer-mer-me-ah-hah-ma-mer-mermph". I guess it sounded more like a 'mutter' and not a 'meow'.
Louie will ambush me, so I make him feel good by jumping and pretending to be scared of the Great Hunting Cat. He'll leap towards me and swipe a paw along the floor. He doesn't like to be chased, but he likes it if I run and especially run down the hall and duck into the office doorway. Then he runs up the hall to 'ambush' me at the doorway again. Louie also likes to play sneak-stalk, running past me and then 'hiding' behind something, so I'll duck down behind it (chair, couch or bed) and keep slowly peeking to see if he is there and when I see his flattened ears and just the tops of his eyes over whatever he is hiding behind, I duck down with an audible gasp. After the anticipation of "being discovered" grows too great, he will leap out at me with his tail up and make little high-pitched chirping cries and want to be petted. Sometimes he will jump back behind whatever he had been hiding behind and want to play again.
Cats are so much fun!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

That they are Heidi. Yours sound like characters too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page