New rescue - TINY stray left at my house last night - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

New rescue - TINY stray left at my house last night

Last night, we hosted a party... invited a few friends, who invited a few of their friends, and so on. Well, to make a long story short, one of our guests found a stray sick kitty on the way to our party, and because they "knew we liked cats" (hehe - we have 5 of our own), brought her over to us.

It was such an unexpected thing, but I'm so happy she is here safe... she is very weak and sick, trembles a lot and is always wanting to sleep... but I can tell this little one is a trooper, and wants to live. She is still capable of giving so much love, and seems so grateful and relieved to be in a safe place.

The adorable little girl is the SWEETEST cat I have met in so long - a total lap cat, a purr-machine, and so calm and loving. She loves everyone she meets - including our dog! She is tiny - only about 4 1/2 lbs, and about the size of a 12-week old kitten - but she's already fully grown with all adult teeth! She's the smallest cat I've ever seen. She was taken to the vet this morning and is FeLV/FIV negative (thank goodness!) but she is running a 2-degree fever, has a respiratory infection and a really bad eye infection. Poor girl... she is on antibiotics now and I'm hoping she'll start feeling better soon. She's eating Blue Buffalo dry and Wellness canned, kinda just nibbling, but at least she's eating!

I was thinking of keeping her as a barn cat for our small homestead barn, but she is so small, and so sweet and trusting (not just of people, but other animals!) that I don't think she'd be safe as an outdoor kitty. We don't have room for any more indoor cats, so we'll be looking for a home for her as soon as she is healthy, vaccinated and spayed. If anyone is looking for a super-sweet, laid-back, TINY and adorable little kitty, feel free to PM. We are committed to making sure she goes to the right home and family.

Here's photos of the sweet sweet baby... she has no official name yet, but we've been tossing around Blossom or Momo. When she wakes up, I'll get better photos of her. She's a very cute tabby with white.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Cat

Re: New rescue - TINY stray left at my house last night

What a cutie!

How very kind of you to take her in and make sure she gets the care she needs.

It's funny but the way you described her is pretty much the condition my cat Velvet was in when I picked him up as a stray.

A bad cold, an eye swollen from conjunction, fever and so underweight (just about 5 lbs) that we thought he was younger than he actually was until (like you) we saw his adult teeth. And he was waaaaayyyy too trusting of other people and animals...that's what completely convinced us to take him in. We knew he wouldn't last long because of his overly friendly nature.

But after a visit to the vet, some meds and lots of good food and love, he's the 9 lb terror we all love and fear.

I hope she feels better soon and that you find a good home for her.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

She woke up for a little while, and seems to be recovering from the vet visit. Look at how cute she is! You can really see just how tiny she really is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned

so cute. she is a lucky girl to have found you
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Cat

*dies from all the cuteness*

Is there something wrong with her front paw? It looks like there's a bandage wrapped around it.

What a sweetie!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Oh! I forgot to mention - yeah, the bandage is from this morning's vet visit. She had blood drawn to test for FeLV/FIV. The bandage is removed now.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Premier Cat

She's just too cute!! *picks self up off of floor to finish post*
I'm glad she's doing so much better.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Premier Cat

She looks so much more perky in the second set of pictures. Bless you for taking her in and making sure that she is ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Premier Cat

What a great story that she made her way to you through her friends. You're doing a great thing here. She's just gorgeous, and I really hope we get to the point soon where you're showing us pictures of her all fixed up and jumping around.

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Cat Addict

What a little cutie! You can tell that she has beautiful eyes in spite of the eye infection. She is a very lucky kitty to have been brought to you.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page