Glamour Shots - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Glamour Shots

I often take Chica to see her brother Keanu (Kovie). My sister and I enjoy taking them almost everywhere with us, granted kittens are welcome. Kovs and Chica LOVE visiting pet stores. We go to Mounds often, they play on the cat trees and have several friends who are employees there. They're celebs at a couple of the pet stores, because they are so cute and so well behaved. I am fully glad my sister and I have been socializing these two so much- nothing phases them! Dogs, people, loud noises, car rides, strange smells, strange cats... they respond with curiosity and frisk.

So anyways, my mom sent Sarah and I down to Petco to pick up some crickets for the anoles. We got there and noticed a photo-backdrop set up. Immediately we were noticed by the photographer, who grabbed us and insisted we have a photo-shoot right then and there. We were informed that each of us get a free 10 x 13 portrait just for participating! Of course we agreed to it.

Needless to say, Kov and Chic totally hammed it up. They ended up attracting a crowd of about 15 people, all watching and laughing at their antics. Kovie kept being a stinker and jumping out of the box they were posed in, or running at the noise maker that was intended to get them to look at the camera. It was a lot of fun, and the photographer got some amazing shots.

We get to pick up the pictures next weekend, and I'll of course be posting them! I just thought I'd share this- it might be happening in all Petcos, or maybe just mine I am not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Glamour Shots

That does sound like a lot of fun, can't wait to see the pictures!

I will not try it with any of mine, though. They are not as socialized as your kittens and they would be very, very unhappy and totally freaked out.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Oh I know. I was joking with my mom about how say, Nito, or Fella would have done at pictures. We did impressions of how we thought they'd react, that made us giggle. Nito probably would have his pelt fully poofed, his eyes wide, looking quite stressed. Fella would be very, very irritated with us.

Nito would have smiled like this:
"AHHHHHHH! OMG! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!??!?!? I SCARED I REALLY SCARED!"

And Fella would have smiled like this:

"I'm going to kill you in your sleep." *narrowed eyes, half turned back ears*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Cat Addict

I wonder if they get many cats in at all. I did stop at the local Petco today and there were a couple of ladies there trying to get people to come for free photographs next week. The thought is nice anyway, I would love to have Geri quality pictures of my kitties.

Sue

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Senior Cat

That is so very cool!! All of it!! That they are that socialized and the photos too! Sounds like they are special cats and so deserving of their own photo shoot!!!

Lucille & Koko
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Here are some of my favorites! (excuse the watermarks!)

(Kovie/Keanu Left, Chica Right)

They make me so proud I can't wait to pick up the prints this weekend.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Here's a few more:

(Chica kept jumping way to high for us!)

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Premier Cat

They are a bit too washed-out in color for me to see much detail, but what I *can* see looks AWESOME! I am amazed at how relaxed the kitties were, they showed *NO* anxiety at all. The photog got some great shots of them, and I mean *calandar worthy* photos! Lucky-lucky-lucky!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yea, unfortunately they put lower quality pictures on the website. I'm sure to discourage people from going and printing them out on their own and/or stealing the pictures. I'll try to scan some of the prints when I get them.

The bunnies had their day too!

((Bubba LEFT Pippy RIGHT)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Premier Cat

Ah! The bun-buns are adorable, too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page