The picture that got away. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The picture that got away.

Today Juno was sleeping on the window seat upside down with her front paws in the air and her back legs hanging off of the side in mid air. I ran for my camera but when I got back she had gotten down. So often the really great pictures are gone before I can get the camera.
What kind of missed opportunities does everyone else have?

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Senior Cat

Re: The picture that got away.

OH, so many shots! My camera is sooooo slow, that even if I've got it with me and aimed at the subject, there's no guarantee I'll get it. But I think I am going tomorrow to buy a new one. It is on sale and I went to look at it today. A Canon SX110. I will give myself another day to think it over and do a little more research.

Lucille & Koko
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Just yesterday, Charlee and Cleo were in the window, and Charlee was grooming Cleo's little face. It's rare for those two to be together, usually it's Cali and, well, Cali and anyone else. Stupid camera and it's red light!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Jr. Cat

Last Wednesday my dad came over with my newly walking 14 month old brother. He and Maya (my 10 week old kitten) were checking each other out.

She was standing on her cardboard scratcher and he was bending down. They touched noses for a brief second, I even had the camera out. By the time it had focused and snapped, he was starting to stand back up.

You can still tell what had happened, but it was split-seconds off of being a really cool picture
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Premier Cat

Even with a camera that's up to the task, it's hard to anticipate what's going to happen so you can get the shot.
If I had a nickel for every time I pressed the shutter button a half-second too late...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Premier Cat

Squirrely-Jo likes to lay in the hallway with her feet sometimes just touching the wall baseboard and if I could stand over her and snap a photo, it could look really awesome, as if I caught her in mid-leap instead of laying flat on the floor...but every time I grab the camera and head towards her, she has to get up and see what I'm doing. S-Jo is just too people-oriented to ignore me and allow me to get a great photo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page