OMG OMG OMG I'm in kittie heaven - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

OMG OMG OMG I'm in kittie heaven

Today was Fay and Mia's first unsupervised day together. I didn't know what I'd find when I got home. Fay greeted me at the door looking frazzeled, eyes wide and ears askew. She's usually mostly asleep and waits for me on 'the greeting towel' between the kitchen and family room when I get in. I wondered how hard it would be to find little Mia's body.

Mia was curled up on the couch watching at first as Fay and I did the greeting. The she came over cautiously and Fay moved forward and touched noses with her. I ended up petting both of them at once.

It was a tense month but I think things are going to work out. Fay may not appreciate having her quiet day long naps interrupted by high energy Mia but if things keep going this way I think they'll end up buddies. They both got much deserved treats and will be going for an adventure safari on the pool deck later.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: OMG OMG OMG I'm in kittie heaven

That's wonderful news!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Premier Cat

YIPPEE for you and the girls.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

That's good to hear.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Maybe not quite kitty heaven. I've got to get Mia to teach Fay to use the scratching post and Fay to teach Mia not to get litter outsie the box. That'll be perfection. And I need a biger couch because I have to scrunch up with one on each side.

I can't believe one day on their own without me interfering made so much difference.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph
Mia was curled up on the couch watching at first as Fay and I did the greeting. The she came over cautiously and Fay moved forward and touched noses with her. I ended up petting both of them at once.
This is AWESOME! What great progress you've made with them! Awesome-awesome-awesome!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Yay for Fay and Mia!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph
I can't believe one day on their own without me interfering made so much difference.
I had a similar experience....Kobi accepted Holly right off and was grooming her the next day. But, as expected, Maggie was not a happy camper...for months. She barely tolerated her. No fighting or aggression, just didn't like her, didn't want Holly near her, turned around and walked the other way if she was going to be crossing Holly's path etc. Then I went on vacation for a week....and came back to find the two of them playing together. Brats!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page