How obsessed is your cat with you?! Or visa versa. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

How obsessed is your cat with you?! Or visa versa.

Okay, here is the story. Since I have been a little girl, I have loved animals. We had a dog, really was my mom's baby. I have had a turtle, parakeet, hamster. Since I have been an adult, let's say 20 years ago, I have had a cockatiel, and a boat load of gerbils I LOVED to death. They were my life. I bought Buster and Buster had babies 3 days later! So I had 7 gerbils all together. Lets say I spent hundreds on their deluxe homes! I had them for three years. I didn't want any gerbils, but my son brought his classroom gerbil home for us to babysit over the hollidays and I fell in love. The teacher wouldn't let me keep it so I had to give it back. WELL.. The teacher ended up leaving it at school for a long weekend and it died from the heat! So I got Buster. I couldnt sleep with them! cuddle with them, and they really never knew I exsited. Then I got into squirrel rehabbing. Well, I loved them all, they would jump and play with me in their big 6 foot by 8 foot cage. But again, couldnt sleep with them and they just didn't care. Well, then came Mango, the PERFECT pet for me! He cuddles, head butts and follows me and hubby everywhere! He sleeps with me, and even hugs me at night. He is so obsessed with us! We are his only friends! If we go outside, he has to go outside. As soon as we stand up to go in, he is right there following us right beside us. He will even go outside on the lanai without us, but he is constantly looking in the slider at us to make sure we dont dissapear! It is obsessive with him!!! If we get up off the couch and go into the kitchen, he has to come in! He sits out there and meows until we let him in! When we cook, he has to be on the counter laying there watching us the whole time! If we eat, he goes and eats. At night when we go potty before getting into bed, he goes potty! He has to always be in bed in between us! He faces me, paws on my neck kneeding and daddy has to hold him. He rubs his head on mine and has to have his head against mine when he sleeps. We are obsessed with him too. Always wondering where he is. Kissing him when he takes his naps, waking up at night and if he is not in our bed, going and finding him. We don't like to go away for days because we worry about him. We had our son fly from Ohio down just to watch him for a week when we went to Maine! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT! I waited a life time for this! We are the happiest ever! Obsession is great here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Premier Cat

Re: How obsessed is your cat with you?! Or visa versa.

I never really noticed it, it was just *how-things-were*, you know?...and I was used to it. Then we had a guest of our nephew come stay a long weekend with us and he commented about how no matter where I went in the house, it seemed like I had an invisible bubble or force-field around me and no matter where I went, the cats had to stay within that bubble and follow me around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page