Velvet the hero - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Velvet the hero

So I was baking today. My niece loves chocolate chip cookies and since it's her birthday, I thought it would be a nice thing to do.

Except I left the oven on. At nearly 400 degrees. I'm always careful about stuff like that, but I suppose we all have our moments.

I left the house to pick up a birthday present for her and hubby stayed behind. When I got home, my husband had this cool story to tell me.

He had just taken a shower and stepped out of the wash room. Velvet was parked outside the kitchen and started yowling his little head off as soon as he saw my husband. Hubby was puzzled. Yowling is usually done in my presence because I am the food giver and the vocalizations are meant to tell me, "Feed me NOW slave, for I am hungry." But this sounded different, my husband explained. More desperate. After a couple of minutes of yowling, my husband finally walked up to Velvet who bolted into the kitchen. Hubby followed him in and nearly melted on the spot. He instantly figured I'd forgotten to turn off the stove and turned it off.

Velvet saved the day. He got extra greenies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Velvet the hero

Yay! Velvet!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

You know it's funny...I think he actually knows he did something really good. His entire posture is different right now. He's literally strutting around as if to say, "Yeah baby. I am the MAN!!!"

Or it could just be me and my crazy psyche that's reading too much into the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Well, duh! You were overheating one of his favorite rooms! C'mon!

Good little kitty!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Well, duh! You were overheating one of his favorite rooms! C'mon!
Good little kitty!
Well that's certainly brought me down to earth. Here I thought he was doing it out of concern for hubby and me...but yeah. It IS his favorite room since he gets his food there. Little stinker. He was looking out for himself.

Is it sick that I still love him to bits knowing that his sense of self-preservation is probably greater than any affection for me?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, I'm sure he was trying to save you and your hubby! He would have stayed and eaten the food before it melted. He's just that brave!

My girls are wanting me to turn the oven off, too. But it's the weather. ugh Mommy can't fix it.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Oh, I'm sure he was trying to save you and your hubby! He would have stayed and eaten the food before it melted. He's just that brave!
Ah thank you Marie. I'm pretty sure that I'll never be in danger of getting an overly inflated ego between Velvet and his "I am better than you" ways and the lovely members of CF who are quick to hit me over the head with a straightforward dose of reality.

I love this place.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Premier Cat

Good going Velvet!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Premier Cat

Good going Velvet. You are one smart cat!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Cool Cat

Well done Velvet! It's amazing how helpful they can be.

Bec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page