Cat Forum banner

why does my cat not like me or anyone!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sarah_ 
#1 ·
Well when i try to pet her as soon as i touch her she starts growling at me not much she is sometimes playful but most of the time my mom on the other had she hates she growls when she just walks by

Is my cat crazy or something ive had her sese she was about 6 weeks old and she just now started doing this ive never hit her i feed her properly.

#3 ·
i agree with the above, sudden onset can be caused by illness and pain.

I note you said 6 weeks old.... This is WAY to early for a kitten to be removed from its mother. If she has been removed at 6 weeks.... im not suprised she is showing signs of behavioural disorders. Shes probably scarred from it, unsure and frightened still. Behavioural prblems due to being taken from a queen too soon can manifest in may ways. Fright of sound, excessive 'suckling' or cloths, fingers, ears etc, the cat mimiking feeding off its parent. Some cats become timid and afraid of everything. Other can become defensive and agressive.

Put it in this way.... how would you feel if someone suddenly took you from your mum? you hate them too right?.... if this is the case then it may take a long time for your cat to come round to its new life. love and care will get you there.... eventually.

#5 ·
Some kittens weve rescued have alot of feral in them. Even though they are socialized if I have to travel and leave them alone without alot of interaction they start being skiddish. Maybe your kitty needs it boundaries gentlely push with mild attention to get her comfortable again?

When they growl like that its a warning so something has to be up. Either its in pain or uncomfortable with the attention. But I think you can bring her back around to being happy being touched.

It was very sweet of you to rescue this kitten after its mom got killed. It probably wouldnt of survived otherwise. You are a kind soul.

#7 ·
Frostpaw said:
I note you said 6 weeks old.... This is WAY to early for a kitten to be removed from its mother. If she has been removed at 6 weeks.... im not suprised she is showing signs of behavioural disorders. Shes probably scarred from it, unsure and frightened still. Behavioural prblems due to being taken from a queen too soon can manifest in may ways. Fright of sound, excessive 'suckling' or cloths, fingers, ears etc, the cat mimiking feeding off its parent. Some cats become timid and afraid of everything. Other can become defensive and agressive.
6 weeks is young to be taken away from mom, but there are so many abandoned cats out there it's highly possible the mom wasn't around. I've had my cat since he was about 3-5 days old. He was found abandoned at my work and they were going to take him to animal control where he would have been euthanized. I took him home and bottle fed him along with helping him go to the bathroom. He turned out just fine. Since her cat is older and just started acting this way it doesn't seem like it's because of the age it was taken from mom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.