It takes a manly man to own a cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It takes a manly man to own a cat

Might be old but this is the first I heard of this article

Sorry, Fido, Itís Just a Guy Thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/fashi ... wanted=all

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Cat

Re: It takes a manly man to own a cat

i think paul klusman is soooo cute with his cats. i love his videos.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I like the 'Mean Kitty' videos better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Cat

everything he says it trueeeeee, i wont look at another man if he doesnt like cats.

And (possibly the reason my relationships break down) i always make sure a prospective partner knows my cat comes first.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Cat

Cats are not for wimps.

Think of it this way: which would you rather tangle with, a dog or a dog-sized cat? There's no contest. Cats are ferocious.

Just look at Gizmo. That is the face of danger .
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdred
Just look at Gizmo. That is the face of danger .
Is that what his avatar look is? I thought the look on his face was more: "Oh, hello, I didn't see you there. Whatcha got for me?"

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

LOL!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I have two sons, both of whom are 6'4", and one lifts weights every night. They are absolute suckers for anything that purrs! My husband is 6'1", and Nina follows him everywhere, crying to be picked up. He loves her.

They are real men! When I was breeding Siamese kittens, my weight lifter son picked up the couch after I told him where Precious and Blueberry had the kittens. He couldn't wait to play with them. It touches my heart.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Cool Cat

My 6 year relationship with my ex didn't work out and I think that was partly because we were in totally different places as far as pets/animals went. He did like the cat we got (Samson) but Sammy was never allowed to sleep in our bedroom.

After we broke up, Sammy slept in my bed everynight, somenights when it was really cold, he'd sleep under the blankets with me. When I met the guy I'm with now, I was living with a friend who also had a cat. My now boyfriend would give the cats so much attention when he came over and he didn't care about Sammy sleeping in the bed with us!

I later found out that growing up, he lived with his aunty who brought stray kittens home all the time and they often had upto 11 cats living with them.

Now, we're living together with Samson, and the crazy little Meeka (who we adopted early this year) and he absolutely LOVES them! I often tell him off for giving them more attention than he gives me. Hehe.

It's so much better being in a relationship when your partner shares your love for your pets.

I also think that alot of men that don't like cats feel that way because they didn't have them growing up, and they were 'taught' by their parents not to like cats. Alot of my family disliked them until I got cats and they've realised they actually are loving and fun animals.

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Cool Cat

My Partner is a man's man - works on building sites and plays rough n ready rock music. (tho not at the same time )
He is such a softie with the Tiddlers, it is a joy to behold. He is always picking up Margaret Tiddler and kissing her. She lets him do it - but she doesn't like it if I try it!
I think its been said here before, but its the men who are comfortable in thier own skins who aren't afraid to show affection to a cat

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page