Bowel movement stimulation? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Bowel movement stimulation?

i caught a kitten in the park today, probably has feral mom. anyway guessing the cats age is atleast 4 weeks(has all baby teeth, walks, has accepted some adult cat food)

do i need to stimulate the bowel movement still if it this old? i dont think it has defecated yet although it does jump in the makeshift litter box occasionally.
i have attempted to rub its belly and genital region with a wet paper towel, attempts were brief.

this is only temporary as i have a mild cat allergy, so i will be looking to hand the kitten to animal control or another person with in the week.
the cat is set up in a cage with a towel, kitten chow, water, litter tray. it is allowed to roam occasionally and is handled for attention during that time. is anything else needed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Bowel movement stimulation?

Welcome to Cat Forum and what a great change you have made for this kitten's life.
I think at the age you described they don't require stimulation to eliminate, so you should be fine. At this age, they are begining to be weaned from the Mamma cat and I would expect a kitten at this stage and time of year to be a little bit under-nourished and dehydrated. I'd give the kitten a day or so before I'd get worried that I don't see any elimination evidence. Keep an eye on the abdomen to be sure it isn't bloating hard and round.
heidi =^..^=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page