I'm officially nuts? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I'm officially nuts?

It would seem so. Tired of the mess that the cats leave in the litter box corner in the basement I set on an adventure to find "the perfect litter box". *cue dramatic music* I thought this adventure would take me weeks if not months... maybe I would never find the rare jewel. But upon my first stop, roughly 5 minutes from the house at a wondrous placed call Petsmart, I found it. It can hold up to 30lbs of litter, it's huge, has storage (kinda stupid IMO but hey I can now say my litter box has storage in case it ever pops up in conversation right?), has lovely high sides and for $23 it was all mine.

I strutted home with my prize, went straight to work cleaning up the pig stye in the basement and put the new jewel to work. I love it, I woke this morning like a kid at Christmas. I went flying down the stairs to check out what the cats had left for me during the night. Usually litter would be scattered all over the floor, the boxes have empty, and "product" stuck to the bottom and over the sides but this morning, no litter on the floor anywhere! Yes, it's true, nothing stuck to the bottom, nothing over the sides and dried onto the floor. Oh happy days!

So yeah... I do believe I'm officially nuts now that I've gotten this excited over a litter box. Oh well, at least the animals don't seem to mind mommy being a tad loopy. The kittens seem a bit lost in it, especially tiny Marshmallow but for Reyna and especially Bosco it's beautiful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Cat Addict

Re: I'm officially nuts?

Not nuts at all. I have a litter scatterer at home too. She's tiny and scatters it when she jumps in and out. Her favorite box is in my bedroom because that's where I had her isolated from resident cat when I brought her home . Walking near the boxes since I got her is like taking a walk at the beach.

Now I have an excuse for another stop at Petsmart on the way home.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Premier Cat

No scatter, no product (love that description) stuck to the bottom? Oh, happy day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Premier Cat

In a multi-cat household, there is NOTHING that can beat having a LARGE and DEEP litterbox! I'd go so far as to say it is a necessity.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Premier Cat

Now you've got me wanting one!

I also want to be invited to the cocktail party where you finally get to mention your litterbox with storage.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Tom Cat

Nice one!!!

I need to go and pick up a new litter box. Both of my boys use correctly the litter box but I think it's a bit small. They might enjoy having a bigger litter box!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

With the size of Bosco and his products normal litter boxes are a pain in the butt. Love this one, I'm tempted to buy a second one and get rid of the two old litter boxes. With 5 cats running around it's proving to be wonderful already. I don't think I can ever go back to normal boxes now.

October I too would like to be invited to this litter box cocktail party.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 06:26 PM

I don't get what the two compartments attached to it are for. So they can eat and drink while they poo? I don't think my cats would ever leave the box!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.root
I don't get what the two compartments attached to it are for. So they can eat and drink while they poo?
Lord, I hope not.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

That's for storage according to the paper that was stuck to the bottom of it. For litter scoops, bags etc. Like I sound, kinda stupid but I can now say my litter box has storage in case the need arises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page