How to know when the right time is? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

How to know when the right time is?

Well we've been working on introducing Tyger and Sabre. They werent getting along for the first few days but today we had a huge breakthrough!! They hissed a little bit then got overe it and started playing. I think it helped that I was playing with them both in what used to be only Tygers room. Now they keep chasing each othr back and forth from the living room to the cat room. We were hoping to switch Sabre in there as soon as possile but I dont want to do it if its going to be too soon for Tyger. Should I wait for them to play for a couple more days but be in seperate rooms or do you think I could go ahead and switch Sabre in tonight? They are running around like CRAZY and I never expected Tyger to accept him this quickly! They've only been together 3 times! Thanks ahead for any help or advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Premier Cat

Re: How to know when the right time is?

Nicely done! IMO, when they start playing with no hissing, that is a fabulous, great sign. Myself, I think I'd continue the engage and play with them together, monitored for a bit longer before I let them stay mingled together all-the-time. I'd keep them seperated when I was away or sleeping. I think you could do the room swap, just be sure that both cats are comfortable being swapped into the different rooms.
Looks/sounds like you are very close to just letting them be together....good job.
heidi =^..^=

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Premier Cat

That is a very fast introduction. But, if it feels right, and the kitties aren't showing any signs of aggression toward each other, go for it, I guess. Keep an eye out for whipping tails, dilated pupils, or fluffed-up tails and fur. Listen for growling and hissing, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Am I the only person who thought this thread was about something else?!!

SO glad to see it wasn't. Great progress!! Pictures would be sweet.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

So far tonight the only time Tyger hissed was when Sabre wouldnt stop chasing her and then when she saw him on the couch. For some reason him being on the couch really bothers her, but its the best place for him to be out especially when the dogs out so she cant accidently stomp on him. I figure with time that will get better. But yes I am extremely surprised at how quickly that happened! I didnt expect it. Yeah, I will probably give it a few more days to make sure this continues. Thanks!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73

SO glad to see it wasn't. Great progress!! Pictures would be sweet.

Oh no! lol! No I didnt mean that at all haha. I didnt realise it could sound like that! Oh I will definitely try to get some pictures tomorrow to post if I can!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
No, I did too. That's why I avoided it for awhile...until I had time this evening to face with it. What a relief!!
I think, if they are playing with eachother, a little hissing here and there is nothing to worry about, I'd let them be together now. Of course, this is coming from is the girl who has never managed a seperation for more than 24 hours. But everyone's gotten along fine!
Can't wait for pictures!

Victoria
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

They are getting along great, though I think Sabre has so much energy he causes a spat now and then. Today they got comfortable enough that Sabre divebombed Tyger. Freaked her out but it was definitely entertaining I dont know how we lived for so long in a single cat home!!! lol! I got a cute pic of them together but for some reason my pictures wont show on my computer(its tweaky like that) I will have to wait till Im at my parents to post them. I will probably stop over there tomorrow or monday. I think as soon as I can get a good bed for Saber to sleep in, or make another tower(we are going to try tomorrow) Ill be able to switch him into her room! Theyve only had a spat in her room once today when he took her top of the tower spot, lol. A second cat tree with two perches should fix that problem!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Premier Cat

That's so great!
I don't think there's much better than watching your kitties play together. It is so entertaining and heartwarming too.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page