Do cats cry? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Do cats cry?

Zenobi is asleep about four feet away, and for a while there she was making whimpering noises. Sounded a lot like crying. I've never heard a cat cry, but maybe they only do it in private. A few days after I brought her home, she was dreaming and putting up what sounded like one **** of a defensive fight.

JusJim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Cat

Re: Do cats cry?

how sad! i would imagine that cats have something equivelent to cyring. i mean, my Allie has made noise recently that sounds a lot like crying because we've been keeping her locked up by herself to let her injured leg heal. its a ver low, long, horrible sad sound that upsets me, but it dosnt sound anything like a human crying, dosnt sound like whimpering. but man its sad, make me wanna go comfort her!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Cat

cats can cry.

Suki cries all the time, especially when i leave the house. My housemates go insane. She just sits in the middle of the hall and cries and cries and cries till i come home.

If a cat can purr when its happy, scream when its angry then it only stands to reason it can cry when its sad or sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Cat Addict

Fay cries. When I brought in a second cat and she was banned from my bedroom she turned into a corner next to the bedroom door and definitely cried. Not just a sad meow, a cry.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Premier Cat

I have heard Arianwen cry, once. We were playing and I got my thumb too close to where she was catching the mouse toy we were playing with, and she accidently cut my thumb a little with her claws.
She immediately stopped playing, and made the saddest meow I've ever heard. Then she gently held my hand and licked the small cut till it stopped bleeding.
The cut healed very quickly; in two days there was no trace of it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM

my cats cry when they are lonely and you can see the tears coming down so i think yes they do cry xx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page