Where should I put the cats during the party? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Where should I put the cats during the party?

There will be about 35 people at my house Saturday for my birthday party, so I'm thinking I should shut the girls in one of the rooms upstairs. Fern will hide away either way, but Fergie will want attention and I'm afraid she might get spooked and run out the patio door as people are going in and out.

I have two options: Guest bedroom or office bedroom. (Both upstairs) The guest bedroom was their 'safe' room when they first came here, where we kept them for a couple weeks until they got comfortable with us, with a queen size bed to hide under. It's a front room, so they can sit in the window and watch people walk up to the house. It will be quieter, and would probably be Fern's choice of room. The office is where their litter box is, and has been for most of the time they've been here. It's a back bedroom, so they can sit in the window and watch the party. There are cubbies in the hutch on top of the desk that they like to sit/sleep in, and places where they can be mostly out of sight, but no hiding places like the bed in the other room. It will be noisier, closer to the action, and would probably be Fergie's choice of room. Obviously they'll have water, toys and their litter box with them in whichever room they end up in, and I'll ditch my guests partway into the party to bring them dinner and play with them for a few minutes.

So which room do you think is better? We can't decide so we'll probably go with the CF consensus - it's a tough decision since we have one social cat and one scaredy cat!

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Where should I put the cats during the party?

Can you put something in the office that Fern can hide in? Is there a closet she could be allowed into? As long as the windows are closed, maybe a radio playing music at a low volume would be enough 'cover-noise' to help Fern feel comfortable?
When I lock kitties up it is always in the Master Bedroom, mostly because that room has the most space for so many kitties to be able to get away from each other.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Re: Where should I put the cats during the party?

We're going to put some of the girls' favorite boxes in the room with them, and Fern will use one of those as her hiding spot if they're in the office. Hubby tends to pile stuff in closets to 'put it away' so the cats aren't allowed in any of the closets. There's a TV in there too, so we could turn that on for some distracting noise. And their shelter mom is coming to the party, so there's a good chance I'll just send her up to hang out with the girls for a while because she'll be happiest around the kitties!

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page