Something funny just happened to me! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Something funny just happened to me!

I was typing a message to a friend and Floofy was "parading" back and forth in front of the monitor, trying to get my attention, so I'd pet him. Well, I just kept typing so he sat down and PULLED OFF my reading glasses!

It was like he thought to himself: Maybe she can't see me, so if I pull these off her eyes, THEN she will be able to see me!

It worked. I laughed and gave him some kisses and pettings. He was quite pleased with himself.
Crazy cat. =^..^=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Something funny just happened to me!

Smart cat!

When I stay up later than usual watching t.v. in bed, Cleo will walk in front of the t.v. and then try to headbutt the remote out of my hand. But it's a good thing, sometimes I lose track of how late it really is.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Premier Cat

Cute, smart kittehs!!!
Arianwen used to do similar, when I was on the computer late at night. She'd walk across the keyboard, in front of the monitor, and a couple of times she stepped on the control-eject, then return, key combination to turn the computer off. Little rascal!
But since I showed her the computer has pictures of her on it, she has given me permission to use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Cool Cat

Aww, aren't they adorable with their attention demands? Yesterday I was checking out pictures of other kitties in the Meet my Kitty section, and Fern apparently decided I'd spent enough time looking at other cats. She paced back and forth for a minute, then sat down directly in front of me, staring at me, and when I leaned to look around her, she leaned with me to keep blocking my view. Then she reached out and put a paw on my nose and gave me the meow of "Enough of the other cats, Mom, it's Fern time now!" and flopped over on her back looking up at me expectantly! What else can you do but drop everything and pet them?

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Premier Cat

Absolutely nothing! You gotta love the chutzpah of these animals of ours. At least they're making their needs known.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Oh, these cats!

I started a *training thing* last night with Floofy. I don't mind him parading in front of me (much) but I don't want him to get in the habit of parking right in front of the monitor...so here is what I started doing:
When he would have both front feet on the shelf to my left, I would make a fuss over him by talking and petting him. When he stepped OFF the shelf and onto the flat desk top, I would sit back, slump my shoulders and look down/away from him. As soon as he stepped both front feet on the left-shelf, I would sit up and make another fuss over him, talking, scrubbling his fur and giving kisses. We did this repetition about a half dozen times, until he felt he had soaked-up enough attention. I will keep that up every time he jumps on the desk and I'll see how long it takes for him to connect feet-on-the-shelf with attention and feet-NOT-on-the-shelf with no attention. I'm betting he will pick it up fairly quickly.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Premier Cat

That sounds like d-o-g training to me. Let us know if that works.

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Floofy, the original Fido!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Premier Cat

Heidi, the Cat Whisperer strikes again! Floofy can come walk in front of my monitor any time .

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
Floofy can come walk in front of my monitor any time .
Oh, you *think* you wouldn't mind...but I ask ya...how many times can you stand sniffing that long-haired tail of his up your nose? He tickles!
Hey...maybe Floof could become the new Water Torture?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page