I may be crazy.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I may be crazy....

No, not another kitty. (Although I'm sorely tempted by a little gray sweetheart at work...someone cut off her tail. She gives kisses, and hugs...so sweet!)

I did get something new though. I'm excited. It's sitting in it's box by the back door...Any guesses???

An Automatic litterbox! EEeeeekkk! lol Like I said...I may be crazy. I've been thinking about it for a while, but we got a new one in at work. It's the Petsafe Simply Clean, and I'm totally hyped about it. (And...I got a discount, whooohoo!)

But I feel silly being excited about a new litterbox! Oh well, I'm sure they'll all love it. The only concern I have is that the edges are quite low, and I'm not sure if Muffin has grown out of his 'dump the litter out of the box' phase. *crosses fingers* I guess we'll see. Even if he hasn't I have a backup plan. I will either find something to attach to the sides of the box, or put the entire contraption in a bigger box...and they can just jump in like they do with the big bin now.

Anyways, going to set it up. Wish me luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: I may be crazy....

I love automatic litter boxes. It will save you so much work, and you won't have to worry about odors! Just use a good litter, whatever kind they recommend. Mine calls for clumping, so I use Arm and Hammer. It's good, and not as expensive as some of the others. I don't like ANY of the multi-cat litters. Any I tried got gummy and sticky and smelled bad once it was used.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It's official! It works!

It was very easy to set up, came assembled. I just cut the top off the box so I could sit the whole box right in it...that way no litter can be scooped out.

I read some reviews about it on an automatic litter box forum, and the consensus was to run it for about and hour once every day. Saves on power, scoops better, keeps it in top condition. Works for me

And Muffin has giving it his...*ahem* stamp...of approval, lol. Hurrah!

I am leaving the upstairs box as a normal box, so they have an option. But I think they'll all prefer the automatic, especially picky Jitzu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Premier Cat

Way cool, Becky!
Pictures? Vid?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Premier Cat

Can't be any more crazy than *me* who got excited over a heavy-duty metal litter scoop and did a happy-dance that I'd never have to buy another plastic replacement again!
Congrats on your automatic pottybox for the kitties.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Lol, well you guys asked! Here's pics

So, you can see I put it back in the box, and I built in a little spacer so they don't throw litter everywhere.

Closer

With the Cover off the ramp

And Muffin decided to demonstrate how he actually DOES fit...sorta

SO I do love it, my only problem is I wish the actual litter area was larger...here's hoping Muffin and Doran are done growing!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Premier Cat

I thought it was bigger till I saw the pic of Muffin sitting on "the throne".
It seems a little small relative to the size of a kitty, but, hey, if they like it, that's what counts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Premier Cat

...yeah, I don't think my Squirrely-Jo would fit in that.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Cat Addict

How does it work? Does the bucket turn?
Please keep us updated about how you like it in the long run.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yes, they do like it. Although the only one of mine who is picky is Jitzu, and she won't have a problem.

Muffin is 12lbs, and fairly large, but him and Doran are about the same size...SO far no issues.

Yes, the bucket turns, then the ramp carries the waste up into the bucket at the back. So far the only thing I don't like is the fact that as it turns it pushes littler out of the box by the ramp...which may just be because i put in too much litter...

I also think I'll need to find something that clumps better. Soft clumps seem to block the ramp, and push more litter out when it causes a buildup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page