The FURminator - Question... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

The FURminator - Question...

Hi,
Have anyone here successful use the FURminator to comb your cats? I got one and used it on my cats. They HATE it! There were lot of hair came out when I combed them but I kept thinking it looked like the furminator just pulled the hair out and I'm wondered if I was hurting my cats
Please let me know what do you think of this comb.
Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: The FURminator - Question...

Kobi loves it and it's very effective on his coat. Maggie hates all brushing and combing and doesn't feel any different about the Furminator. Holly tolerates it, but it doesn't do a very good job on her coat. Seems to work better on short hair than long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

My cats don't like it, even Cinderella, who loves being brushed. I agree with Lisa that it's probably better for short-haired kitties.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Cat Addict

My cats that like being brushed anyway also like the furminator.
It is especially good on Charlies fur because he has kind of a downy undercoat that is always shedding. I think he must itch from it because he loves being brushed.
Casper comes running whenever he sees any kind of brush in my hand. I think he would sit and be brushed for hours if I would do it.
Orlando and RayRay are ok with it.
Scottie, Juno, Pepper and Tweezer would just as soon take your hand off as be brushed with anything.

Sue

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Jr. Cat

I've never tried the Furminator, but I can imagine the reaction it would get from my kitties. Quinn and Minerva both love being groomed, but like to rub their cheeks on the brushes as hard as they can... I think the Furminator might bother them.

Both cats LOVE the Groomax cat slicker brush (I had to look up the name on the Petsmart website). My SO is the resident cat groomer, and the kitties go crazy when they see him holding the brush. It's really effective too -- at least on my short haired cats.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Tom Cat

My cats don't care for it either, so I keep the zoom groom in one and and the fur-minator in the other.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks for responses. All my cats are short-haired. Starlee is an Oriental with very shorthair, no undercoat so no needs to brush her. Rocko is a Siamese, I read that we are not supposed to brush a Siamese because we might ruin the coat? (He’s my b.friend’s cat just joined us so I don’t know much about Siamese though).That left Sunny and Dusty, those two love to be brushed and play with the brushes, including my hair brushes as well However, they terrified of the Furminator! They are both meowed with each stroke when I brushed them, sometimes Sunny growled and stared at me with her huge eyes: “why are you torturing me?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page