So remember how I said "no more cats..." - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

So remember how I said "no more cats..."

Well, this time it's exactly what it sounds like. This isn't in the 'Meet My Kitty' forum, because she's not actually ours, but I figured she deserved a post anyways.

So the story:
We were just leaving to go to blockbuster and return our movies and as we walked past our shed I looked at the pretty rose bush. And immediately pointed. There was something furry there! Something black and furry! I almost didn't see her, and it took my BF a second to see what I was pointing at, but there was a black fuzzy kitty there.
So I pulled on my 'rescuer' boots, and stepped forwards, making sure she had an exit if she wanted it. No unhappy sounds/gestures from the fuzzy thing, so I continued moving towards it. Still no signs of discomfort, other than a plaintive 'mew'. I reached out my hand, and stayed with it about 2 feet from her nose. She moved forwards and sniffed, I moved to pet her head and got a headbutt.
I petted her for a second, my face in the rosebush, but she hadn't really moved her back end and I needed to see if she was ok. I scruffed her and pulled her out, setting her on the ground and again giving her space in case she needed it. She nuzzled my knee, and started purring. Well, that was that. I looked at my (wonderful, amazing, understanding) BF, and he says "Lets bring her in." (Which is amazing because we have 4 cats, 5 people, 1 cockatiel, 1 gerbil, 1 gecko, and 1 toad in our 3 bedroom condo...) He brought me a kennel, as just in case protection from the aforementioned cats. (He even brought me the top-loader...smart guy I've got, hey!) I loaded her in, and we took her into our storage room.

Well, she's a lovely medium haired black doll. Her collar is just a scrap of leather knotted around her throat (luckily with plenty of room), her fur is matted, and she a little thin...but she's ok. She snuck a nose sniff with Muffin when he pushed the door open (a new trick...note to self Listen for the click!) but no growls/flat ears/anything bad...so that went ok.

I have tentatively nicknamed her Cleo...after a pretty black kitty we all know and love ( Marie) Since she looks so similar to me.

And of course I took some pictures for you!

I will be putting up found posters...without much hope I'm afraid. This economy has me thinking she was dumped, but we'll see. I'm thinking I'll just put that I found a female cat, and require that they describe her and her unique 'collar' before I give them any other info.
If she's not claimed within about a week I'll call it abandoned, and call the rescue that helped me home Rumbler/Ocelot (RIP little buddy...)

So, that's my exciting night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Premier Cat

Re: So remember how I said "no more cats..."

She looks like a sweetie! Lucky kitty to have been found by you.
h

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

OMGosh! She really does look so much like Cleo, especially in the first picture! She knew just where to be "found" - and by the right person.

Cleo says "thank you" for rescuing her doppelgänger, and she'd be honored to share her name.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Premier Cat

She's a lovely looking lady. Thanks to you and BF for saving her.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Premier Cat

Awww, what a beauty. It'll be interesting to see if anyone claims her, but as you said, it doesn't look too good. I hope she ends up in as great a home as yours.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Awwww... You KNOW you want to keep her!! Do you think the rescue will have good luck finding her a good home?

As for the number of cats you have, so?? My gang grew from 4 to 8 not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarychick
I'm thinking I'll just put that I found a female cat, and require that they describe her and her unique 'collar' before I give them any other info.
If she's not claimed within about a week I'll call it abandoned, and call the rescue that helped me home Rumbler/Ocelot (RIP little buddy...)
That's what was done when I found Willie nearly 9 years ago. I just gave some general descriptions but after two weeks, nobody gave the correct info to claim him. So...he became mine.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

So people are fantastic! I started calling vets to see if anyone's reported their kitty missing, and my vet (obviously first i called, lol) says they'll scan her for a chip and see if she's spayed! Hooray! I'm taking her in now and hopefully she does have a home!

As for keeping her....Lol maybe for a while...But I think she'll have to find a new home. In any case I'm going to have to do SOMETHING about her mats, they must be so uncomfortable for her! Maybe I'll ask the vet for a sedative...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Premier Cat

Hooray for the vet!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Well, after talking to all the vets in town no one's missing a black fluffy girl-cat. I'm still thinking she was dumped, but I still have a few posters to put up, I'll do that today or tomorrow.

She came out of the room to explore a bit, there was some hissing, some growling...but nothing too serious (since I had locked Jitzu up, lol). We'll see how it goes. Hopefully she'll be able to wander freely by the end of the week. (yeah, ambitious I know...but you have to have goals, right!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page