Son's kitten is healthy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Son's kitten is healthy!

My son just got home from taking the kitten he found to the vet. Other then a probable case of roundworms, she is a healthy little girl. And I do mean little. The vet says she is about 5 weeks old, which means the poor baby was only 4 weeks old when he found her outside his apartment! I am so relieved she tested negative for feline leukemia and FIV!
So she got some meds for the roundworm - hopefully that will stop her diarrhea. She is still too young for shots, and much too young for spay, so for now he just has a sweet little healthy baby kitty. I am so looking forward to meeting her next week!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Son's kitten is healthy!

Yay! That is good news, and she *was* a tiny little thing! Any new photos?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Great news!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

Like Marie says, that is great news! How much did she weigh? And I hear ya about small kittens. I probably have found some of the smallest and youngest kittens across all our membership.

By the way, were the worm meds that the vet gave her the stuff they syringe into their mouths at the clinic? If so, it is best to take her back for another dose when she gets her first shots and then probably a 3rd dose after that. 3 doses of Strongid 4 weeks apart is a good regimen to deworm kittens.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Premier Cat

What a relief that she is healthy.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Premier Cat

Good Mews!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969
By the way, were the worm meds that the vet gave her the stuff they syringe into their mouths at the clinic? If so, it is best to take her back for another dose when she gets her first shots and then probably a 3rd dose after that. 3 doses of Strongid 4 weeks apart is a good regimen to deworm kittens.
They syringed the med into her mouth at the vets office and gave him another syrine full to give her in two weeks.
It makes me laugh to think of my 22 year old son giving a kitten her meds. Not to mention the cleaning up after diarrhea and giving her baths that he has been doing since he found her. Time for "mom" to step back and let my boy be the wonderful compassionate and capeable person that he is.

Is there a thread telling the whole story about your kittens? If there is I must have missed it somehow.

Sue

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Premier Cat

You taught him well! As my former boss said, it's good for one's character to care for another living thing.

That's great news that she's healthy. As long as your son is doing everything else for her, can you put him on picture-taking duty? We need our fix.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13
Not to mention the cleaning up after diarrhea and giving her baths that he has been doing since he found her. Time for "mom" to step back and let my boy be the wonderful compassionate and capeable person that he is.
When I was nursing my babies, I had to clean them up before they were litter trained. In fact, I even had to stimulate them manually to get them to eliminate for their first 2-3 weeks of age. But in the meantime, they would still get dirty so I gently bathed them in a bowl of lukewarm water and very carefully used a plain jane cat/kitten shampoo that was not a flea shampoo or other such product. They actually did not mind the bathing (although they probably would not like it now! ) and it was so rewarding to see them all nice and clean as well as smelling nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page