Tat's on cats. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
P&R
Tom Cat

Tat's on cats.

IMO, this is horrible and I would NEVER do that to my babies (kitties or dogs). I can SOMEWHAT understand the very small ID tats, but THIS is just disgusting!

http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow- ... 010/01/06/

Mommy to Justice, Emily & Isabella (humans), Scarlett & Sasha (doggies)and Rosalie & Zoey (kitties).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Cat

Re: Tat's on cats.

Can I say this on here? If not - - mods just delete.... the next line...

I'm ALL OF A SUDDEN FOR female circumcision....I think we should make an appointment for this lady...... Editing to add - I hear it's all the rage in some places!

If it can't give consent on its own - - and the pain is worse than what it would be going through in normal every day life - then I say NO NO NO NO NO.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Tom Cat

How horribly disturbing that some people would feel entitled to make a decision to put an animal through that pain to get attention or make a statement. Those poor babies are not accessories. Sorry, this just is so inhumane and unnecessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Cat Addict

This makes me feel sick. I think that the people who dye patterns on their cats' fur are crazy but that isn't as bad as this.

ACK, people make me so mad!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Kitten

Send a message via MSN to Mekers

I remember seeing this article awhile back when I was looking up hairless cats; my friends think they are the devil cats because they look so other worldly. I think they are adorable.

I saw the article and red what the person had done, and mind you was in disbelief! I could never or ever want to do that to my kitty!
I may like a tattoo here and there, but on your precious little ones? NO! It's not right. It's like getting your Oscar fish with weird tattoos.
People like that make me sick.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekers
NO! It's not right. It's like getting your Oscar fish with weird tattoos.
Or getting the custom dyed mollies or florescent colored tetras or danios. This is a horrible thing to do to animals.

These creatures are SOOO incredibly beautiful in their natural colors, why do people see the need to make them candy colored and glow in the dark?

Ident-tats are one thing, but these are in an entirely different league.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Kitten

Send a message via MSN to Mekers

I had some really pretty pink fish, and they were little fast swimmers, then someone told me that if you put a dark light to them, they would glow because they had been altered. I thought that was terrible. I felt sorry for my little guy, so i never tested it out or anything.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
P&R
Tom Cat

Oh yeah, I totally agree, if you like a tat and want it, do it to yourself, not some poor animal. I think the vet that put the cat under for THIS is a total quack, I think the tat artist who did this is a total quack and the owner, MAJOR quack! That poor kitty! I just keep thinking of how annoying the healing process was for all of my tat's (4) and how that poor kitty wont even be able to let the owner know! Imagine the infections that could occur just from being in the cat box?!

Mommy to Justice, Emily & Isabella (humans), Scarlett & Sasha (doggies)and Rosalie & Zoey (kitties).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Hmmm. Its certainly not something I would want for my Tobe. But having said that, once its done, a tattoo doesn't cause lasting pain to a cat. Its just there. I'm not saying I agree with it at all, but people certainly do worse things to their cats that can have lasting consequences - declawing springs to mind here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page