Bye Cleo... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Bye Cleo...

Well, our foster kitty just left for her new home. A friend of mine moved to the middle of nowhere and wasn't sure about taking Cleo. Well, turns out she's really lonely there and she loved Cleo when she met her. So, after getting all settled in to their new place she came to pickup Cleo.

Then:
The day I brought her in with the awful leather collar around her neck.

Now:
Cleo sitting by our window

Cleo meeting her new mommy (again, lol)

Kitty kisses!

When I found Cleo under a bush in my garden I was shocked. She was so matted, smelly, and thin. Her fur was brittle, and even crunchy behind her ears, and looked so dull. Right from the beginning she was such a sweet kitty. She would meow and Mee-OW, then look right up at you and purr!

She never held still, always had to be moving, like she needed you to give her all of your attention, and she'd just suck it up like a little sponge.

Over the last few months she grew beautiful. Her fur is black and glossy, thick and silky. Even the tough spot behind her ears has a much better feel to it. She's not as clingy either, she goes to explore and find things. She's still a sweet kitty, but not quite as in your face about it, she settled down.

Her and Muffin became great friends, they'd sit and snuggle, even grooming each other. She still likes to chase Doran...but she doesn't pin him down, it's more of a playful chase. She got much better the past few weeks with the girls too. Less hissing and fighting.

Now she's found a wonderful new mom and dad, who will love her and take care of her wonderfully.

Bye Cleo! We'll miss you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Bye Cleo...

I'm sure it's hard to say goodbye to her, but what a great ending that she has a good home with your friend. You should be really proud. It's obvious how much better she looks since you've been taking care of her too! She's a beautiful girl.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Whoa! I was a little scared to look with that title!

So glad Cleo found a great new home. She looks so much like my little girl.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
P&R
Tom Cat

AWW! Glad she was able to find a great home

Mommy to Justice, Emily & Isabella (humans), Scarlett & Sasha (doggies)and Rosalie & Zoey (kitties).
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Whoa! I was a little scared to look with that title!
I was as well! I saw it and immediately though "WHAT HAPPENED TO MARIE'S CLEO?!"

Glad to hear that this is a very happy situation! What a change in her before and after pictures, and how wonderful that a friend adopted her so you can keep tabs on her continued progress. Way to go!

-BP
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

lol, sorry for scaring you guys!

We will miss her, but it does help to know that she's going to a good home...and that I'll get pics and things.

...I'm kinda miffed with the group that helped me with her vet bills though. They didn't answer any of my emails the past 3 weeks, and then when I had my friend call the get back to us the next day. I guess it's possible it was a coincidence, but i doubt it. I don't think I'll be dealing with them again.

Time to find a new rescue group! We're going to take a break before we take on another foster though. It'll be nice to only have my four to look after. (I can't believe I said 'only' and 'four' in the same sentence...and meant it! lol)

Thanks for the responses!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Premier Cat

It's wonderful, the way you turned Cleo's life around, Becky.
She'll have a loving purrmanent home now
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I just heard from her new mum.

I guess Cleo meowed in the car for the first hour or so, then settled in for the rest of the drive. (Its about 5 hours.)

Now they're all settled in and happy...YAY!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Jr. Cat

that's awesome so happy for cleo ! im sure she'll be well taken care of
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Premier Cat

That's interesting -- I always wondered how long it would take for all that meowing in the car to stop.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page