Business cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Business cats

Most of us have heard of Dewey the library cat but there are many other businesses that have cat mascots. Today I went into an antique store and a very handsome ginger and white gentleman greeted me. He followed me for a bit and then wandered away. Later I was paying for my purchases and he was up at the counter. He was greeting every customer that came in and many knew him by name - Zither. He obviously was loving all the attention.
In the late 70's one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants had a couple of cats that circulated among the tables. The health department would probably have a fit these days but it made me feel right at home.
Has anyone else run across cats in the business world?

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Business cats

Arianwen has ambitions of becoming president and CEO of a major corporation.
I dare not tell you which one.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

I hope we get discounts!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Premier Cat

My vet office has Cornflake, a large red/white male DLH and Trix, a Tortie-tripod DSH female.
We stopped at an auction-house and looked around. When I saw the meezer-mix kitty, I sat on a couch and let her snuggle in my lap while my husband cruised their warehouse.
My husband also used to take Reilly to work with him every day. The first week, Rei stayed at the plant, but on Friday, he came home with my husband and I *freaked* because he just brought him in the house and turned him loose, no intro-period!
...the most amazing thing happened ...
Reilly and our resident cats blended together with absolutely NO issues at all. Not even hissing. It was like he had always belonged. So every morning, Hubby would open the door and Rei would run to his truck and wait for the door to open. He'd ride on my husband's shoulders and "comment" on the traffic they saw. When they would come home, Rei would run from the truck to the front door. He knew the routine! After that first week, Rei kept my husband's work schedule; going in with him and coming home with him every day. When contractors came, he couldn't bring Rei because he was afraid one of the contractors would leave a door open and he'd lose Rei at the landfill (methane gas powered power plant). Poor Rei, he'd run from window-to-window, following my husbands progress from the front door to the side of the house where we parked and would cry and try to tell him he was forgetting to take Rei with him! So, since he couldn't go to work any more, we'd take him for a drive around town a few times a week. He really thought he was Hot Stuff to be a cruising cat. We even took him along on some of our car-club cruises that remained local.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 04:13 AM
Banned

My old vet office had a black cat in residence. And, at the last derby league meeting i went to, we all all distracted by a very cute, but large, playful dog who was owned by the pub landlord. I know ... not a cat ...but still very cute.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 04:18 AM
Jr. Cat

The Animal Shelter I worked at in high school had a DSH black and white cat. He was a little chunky and we called him Willy. He had free reign of the front office, and when people would bring in cat's to drop off at the shelter, Willy would go over to say hello and there were times he got very frightened cats to calm down a bit. He was one of those cats that seems to "adopt" any cat he sees.

He ended up passing away like 2 years ago at the age of 18.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Heidi, Reilly sounds like an awesome cat. Do you have pictures of him?

Sue

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Kitten

In college we had a store that sold some of the books for a discounted price. The owner had a cat named "Copy Cat". Everyone knew him by name! I was just shopping for my own kitty when stopping for some books and took out some of the catnip for Copy Cat . Unfortunately, Copy Cat went missing .
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

There's a gift shop near my parents house in FL that has a store cat. And two of our local pet supply stores have a cat. One of them is a new addition that I was clued in to by a sign on the door asking to keep the cat in. So of course I had to go looking for him (a big black boy that reminds me of Kobi)...I should have known exactly where he'd be...sprawled on a cat tree in the nice sunny window!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Premier Cat

The mini-storage where I rent a unit has a very sweet tuxedo kitty who lives in their office. I think he is a manager.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page