Just curious~~~Neuter & Vaccine costs - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Just curious~~~Neuter & Vaccine costs

In your area, what is the cost for neutering and vaccinations?

I have to get Scooter Bug neutered soon probably will be in April or May. I asked the lady at the vet's office how much it would cost...
$40 for the neuter and $30 for the vaccinations.
And I should have a minimal drop off fee and that's it. Under $100. I'm having my vet neuter him then taking him to neuter scooter or one of the other "cheaper" clinics.

Since he's my baby and we are soooo close, after all I did raise the brat from about 2ish weeks old...I would feel more comfortable with my vet doing the procedure then some vet that I dont know. And Im going to be a nervous wreck that day anyways...again, b/c we are so close. If we weren't it wouldn't be so bad. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Just curious~~~Neuter & Vaccine costs

That sounds like just a price for the surgery...no pre-anesthetic blood work, no pain meds etc. You might want to ask a few more questions so you don't get surprised.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

That would be a great price. I hope it covers everything!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Jr. Cat

I recently had my two cats nuetered&shots with the blood work/shots it came to 128 for each. not a bad price
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Tom Cat

Wow...that's a really good price. My vet charges $110 for a neuter and $65 for the shots. Pre-anesthetic blood work is another $65 and microchipping $35. A spay is $155. He's one of the better priced ones in the area as he has his clinic beside his home and isn't part of a conglomeration. I wish prices were better so I could get more of the ferals and strays neutered sooner.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

We have an organization in Madison that neuters males for $15 dollars and females for $30. It's free if you meet certain requirements (for example, being a student- great for me!). You can buy a rabies shot for $10, a distemper for $5, a microchip for $10, FIV/FeLV testing for $5 a pop, and extra pain meds cost $10.

Don't stress too much about him. For males, the procedure is very simple, quick, and non-invasive. Compared to females, they don't have to go through any muscle or layers of body wall- just through one layer of skin in his little sac area XD I participate in feral spay days at my school, and typically males don't even get a heavy amount of injected anesthesia. Just a bit of gas, and in about 5 minutes the procedure is over! Many cats don't even notice.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
P&R
Tom Cat

If you get the "discounted" price then it's around 75$ for spay/neuter here, but they have a ton of organizations that'll do it for free/cheaper. As far as shots, first round is about 45-100$ (including check up and also depending if you get extra bloodwork/ect).

Mommy to Justice, Emily & Isabella (humans), Scarlett & Sasha (doggies)and Rosalie & Zoey (kitties).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Premier Cat

A few years ago we had a facility open up that only offers spay/neuter/vaccinations at a low cost.
We had Floofy neutered, rabies, FIV/FeLV vaccinated for $63.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachandNito
We have an organization in Madison that neuters males for $15 dollars and females for $30. It's free if you meet certain requirements (for example, being a student- great for me!). You can buy a rabies shot for $10, a distemper for $5, a microchip for $10, FIV/FeLV testing for $5 a pop, and extra pain meds cost $10.

Don't stress too much about him. For males, the procedure is very simple, quick, and non-invasive. Compared to females, they don't have to go through any muscle or layers of body wall- just through one layer of skin in his little sac area XD I participate in feral spay days at my school, and typically males don't even get a heavy amount of injected anesthesia. Just a bit of gas, and in about 5 minutes the procedure is over! Many cats don't even notice.
I have seen cats get spayed and neutered before. He's my baby and I'll be nervous until he's back home where he belongs and all healed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page