Armarkat Furniture - Opinions on Quality? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Armarkat Furniture - Opinions on Quality?

Anyone have opinions on the quality of Armarkat cat furniture? I've been planning to get the A6202 tower for my boys, but I would like some more info on stability, etc. Dasher is a whopping 19 lbs at the moment, so I need something that will withstand his - ahem- big bones

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Armarkat Furniture - Opinions on Quality?

I have the A7202, it's fairly stable, but not super solid. Wobbles a bit, but in no danger of tipping over. Although I think right now it could stand to have all the screws tightened up, seems more wobbly when it was when I got it. I have it in a corner, against the wall and that helps. Kobi is 19 lbs and it holds up to him well.

I would not recommend the model you're looking at....three legs instead of 4 evenly spaced ones will be less stable. In addition, it's top heavy on one side. You want something that is well balanced (like the 7202)...that will be the most stable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Premier Cat

I have an Armarkat cat tree, and it's been great in the 2 years or so we've had it. It does wobble slightly when Murphy jumps up (always to the top level; the other ones are just stepping stones), but I guess anything would unless it's bolted into the wall. I'd say it's a good tree, and they were way less expensive than anywhere else I looked.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Doodlebug - Thanks for the quick response! The 7202 looks fabulous, but it is a bit more than I was planning to spend. Good point about the top-heaviness of the model I chose though - I hadn't considered that. I actially thought the 6202 had four posts at the base, and one was just obscured by the angle of the photos. A closer look suggests maybe I was reading into it

October - do you know which model # you have? That's great that it has lasted for 2 years and it still going strong!

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

My first, sturdiest and best-built cat tree is Armarkat.

I have five all together. I've gotten all of mine from Craigslist for very cheap (or free, like my first one). No brand names on the others though.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Wow, that one does look sturdy. I can't imagine finding room for 5 cat trees!!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

My second bedroom is the girls' room.

Since I have no living room furniture now, I moved three of the cat trees in front of the big windows in that room.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Ooo, its kitty paradise at your house. Neko says he'll be right over

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki
October - do you know which model # you have? That's great that it has lasted for 2 years and it still going strong!
I don't see our model on the Armarkat site anymore; maybe it's discontinued. It's very similar to B7801 (see link below), with 1 or 2 fewer levels. Murphy's a real fan of it and spends hour after hour up on that top level.

http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tre ... od_28.html

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Senior Cat

I have two. I bought the second one after owning the first for nearly two years. The taller they are the more wobbly they can be. I have both of mine against walls (with window views) which helps. My guys love them. They are fairly tough on them and the hold up.

#2 (Now over by the window)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page