Tweezer likes DaBird again! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Tweezer likes DaBird again!

Back in October I was playing with Tweezer with DaBird which he has always loved. He grabbed it with his mouth, cried out in pain and backed away from it. I thought he had just bitten it wrong and we continued playing. The same thing happened again a few minutes later and Tweezer wouldn't come near the toy again.
I got him in to see the vet ASAP and sure enough he needed a dental. His mouth had gotten pretty bad since he was checked about a year ago and he needed several teeth removed. He recovered well from the surgery and was eating and playing soon after. Playing with everything but DaBird. He would not go anywhere near it and seemed to be afraid of it. I was sad because he had loved playing with it so much before "it bit him". He is a very active cat and without extra play time he drives the other cats crazy by jumping on them and wanting to play.
I have been working with him for the last several months to try to get him to enjoy playing with it again. Today it finally happened. He decided the feathers were safe again and we had a nice long play session. He even grabbed the feathers and ran with them like he used to do. I'm so glad he will be able to enjoy his favorite toy again!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Tweezer likes DaBird again!

Yay! I'm glad he is feeling better and enjoying his favorite toys again.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Premier Cat

It's so rewarding when they play with something they had been scared of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Premier Cat

Go Tweezer! I'm sure you're glad to get back the toy mileage you get out of Da Bird, because as we know, it's unlike anything else.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page