Nito... captured - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Nito... captured

Some of you may remember this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60833

About Nito getting captured mysteriously in a live trap set out in my neighbor's yard. Well, my anger has long since subsided, and I am able to smile about the whole ordeal. Especially after my sister sent me this video that I'd never seen before, taken minutes after Nito was recovered back into my Mom's house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBmRxSZ0Gsw
It makes me chuckle- he's acting so darn cute and happy. And my sister, Lizzy's, commentary cracks me up. (you'll find out why)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Cat

Re: Nito... captured

Ugghhh, that stinks!

Hahaha. Did she forget she was being recorded too?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Premier Cat

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahah-hah!

ZOMG! I think your little sis is gonna *kill* me! I have tears streaming down my face because I was laughing so hard! She is a hoot! ...or maybe I should have said: She is a toot! Oh, there I go again! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah-hah!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Hhehehe I KNOW! I don't think she forgot the camera was rolling, I think she just doesn't care. In my family, toots are considered funny

Besides the fart comments... Isn't Nito cute though? He looks so happy to be free from his ordeal
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

I really needed a laugh - thanks!

Nito looks very content.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Premier Cat

I kinda liked how Nito was responding to all of the questions with body language; blinking his eyes, laying fully down, looking around...

Yup, toots ARE funny! Around here (privately, with each other) we call it "blowing kisses" and we 'warn' the other person that stinky-air is imminent with the battle-cry: "Foofie!" This is supposed to forewarn the other and allow them the option of leaving before the stink. My husband does not always honor this courtesy and I oftentimes find out he foofed after-the-fact. Stinker. Literally!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Cat

Nito is adorable. :]

I wasn't around back when you started the other thread, but I would like to comment about it. If that's alright.

I use to live out in the country and down from our house was like a forest-type area, where our 'land-lord' would grow trees and different sorts of things. There was a creek down there and a little frog pond. It was a nice area and our cats LOVED going down there and laying by the creek. Well, one night our cat Spazz didn't come home. We didn't think much of it because some nights the cats just wanted to stay out and wander around. Well, two or three days went by and still we hadn't seen anything of him. I would go outside for hours on end and look for him, but we never found him. On the sixth day, I heard whining and a weird meowing coming from outside so I opened the front door and laying on our porch was Spazz. He was covered in blood and he looked torn apart. His paw was completely missing, and his mouth was bleeding. We rushed him to the vet. Once the vet had looked him over and stopped all the bleeding he asked us to come in and he told us that it appeared Spazz had gotten caught in a trap. Spazz had chewed off his paw to free his leg from the trap so that he could get back home. The vet was able to rebuild his paw, although the tip of it is still missing. He lost one of his teeth as well. He can use his paw, but for some reason it's painful for him to extend his claws.

I'm so glad that nothing like this happened to your cat. I don't know why people have to be like that. I can understand that mine was out of town and they were trying to trap different kinds of animals but they knew that we lived there and that we had little kids and animals running around. It's just not right for people to lay traps around. :/

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

*giggle snort*

My BF likes to let one rip and then lock the windows of the car when we are driving. Ooo that makes me so made some times but to him is hilarious! Heidi, you guys are funny
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

@Tonks: I know, I simply hate traps. Once, when my sister's rabbit escaped, we were could through backyards chasing her. She ducked under a big pine tree and we lifted up the boughs and captured her finally. Then, underneath was a big cage with a trapped dead raccoon. He'd been forgotten, probably staved I just felt so awful about it

Poor Spazz! Oh, how terribly scared he must have been I am glad he came through ok! I feel lucky- things could have turned out way worse for my baby Nito. It was the same as with you- my neighbors KNEW he was my cat, yet he was still trapped and on their porch.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Premier Cat

My husband did that to me once. Once.
Wintertime and bitterly cold. He let loose a super-stinky SBD and I couldn't roll the window down because of the cold. I'm frantically waving air and I looked over at him and asked: "Did you *fart*?" He grinned and said: "Oh, foofie."

Well.

Some weeks later we were watching a movie in the Living Room, I was sitting at one end of the couch and he was laying down with his head on my thigh. I smiled to myself and released The Hounds of the Silent But Deadly! Shortly after that, he leapt up to a sitting position and looked at me with his face all screwed up in disgust at the terrible odor and asked: "Did you fart?" (Duh!) ...and I smiled sweetly at him and said: "Oh, foofie." while batting my eyelashes at him.

*our elderly neighbor used leg-hold traps to catch/kill rats in the barns/out-buildings and he caught his own cat. She was stuck for several days and had to have her foreleg amputated. He asked us to come over and see her after he found her and her poor paw was dead. The skin/muscles had necropsied away and the bone looked dry and brown.
I told him she either needed to be put to sleep or taken for an emergency amputation, but it had to happen right now, not in the morning.
He asked about a vet and I told him about the large practice we used, which operated 24/7 and was about 40mi away. He agreed to send her there and my husband and I drove his kitty, as the fog was coming in very thick and our elderly neighbor did little driving in fog or dark. I had called ahead of time to let the vet know we were coming. When we arrived, he had thought he'd be able to put the surgery off until morning when the rest of the staff was present but at first sight he decided to perform the surgery right away. We offered to stay and assist if he required it, but he said he didn't. He would be able to call the other on-call vet and they would come to the clinic. The primary overnight vet stayed at the clinic office with another vet remaining on-call and accessible by phone on on-call nights. Our neighbors kitty lived happily as a tripod for several more years and he stopped using leg-hold traps on the rats.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page