Would you say Fern has me trained? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Would you say Fern has me trained?

Fern doesn't like her litter box. She always uses it, but since Fergie pees all over the sides of the box and doesn't cover the wet spot where it runs down to the litter, the box always smells like pee. Lovely, since it's in our office.... I can't blame Fern for not liking it! But I've noticed lately that if Fern needs to poop she'll hold it until I'm in the office, then come in and start this mournful cry while looking at the box. As soon as I get up and take the lid off, she jumps right in and does her business, then bounds away to happily bat her favorite toys around. It's almost like she's saying "Mom, I need to poop but it stinks in there and I can't hold my breath long enough!"

So does she have me trained, or am I just being nice?

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Would you say Fern has me trained?

Diana, face it: you are a trained monkey. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it takes one to know one. Want a banana?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ooh, you're trained too? Yippee, bananas for all! Ahh, the things we do for our dear little furballs!

Hubby say's he'll make the hole in the top larger this weekend, and hopefully Fern will be happier and Fergie won't quite manage to arch her back enough to pee out the top.

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Cat

That's funny.....and classic cat behavior....They have this way of training humans where we don't even realize what's happening....You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've found myself doing for Bodhi....lol....Sometimes I ask him......Am I your slave or something...?.....Then he gives me that look and a trill that says.....well yes....you are...lol...

steve
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NosyKitty

This is what I love so much about living with cats and dogs: (I would say owning/having, but it is probably more so that they own/have us )

The ability of communication, understanding and companionship with another species. Regardless of who's training who lol.
Not all animals can share this bond (and their lives) with us, but those who can and do, is so amazing to me when I think about it.

Even though they aren't capable of knowledge and understanding at the level of humans, they are able to find ways to learn enough of our language (and we, their language), so that they can communicate their needs and affections to us and us, to them.

I don't know why, but for some reason I am just fascinated by this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Premier Cat

I prefer not to think of it as being trained by them. I tend to think of it as, "Ohhh, isn't that cute that he's communicating with me the best way he knows how."

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Premier Cat

I'll share my bananas with you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page