Crazy foods your cat loves - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NosyKitty
Crazy foods your cat loves

I thought it would be fun to share all the weird, unnatural-to-cats, foods that these supposedly carnivorous felines can sometimes go crazy for.

In the past, I've had cats that loved potato chips, french fries, yogurt, my tea (when I'm not looking!), strawberries, apples, cheese and watermelon.

But Ninja is funny.. Every time I hold out my hand with a piece of food in it, he will come running, sniff curiously for several seconds then decide it's not for him. EXCEPT for ONE thing. And that is Taco Bell!

My silly cat LOVES Taco Bell. I found this out when I brought some Taco Bell home one night for dinner. As usual, being the NOSY, into-everybody's-business cat that he is, sniffed and dug through the *closed* Taco Bell bag, got into the wrapper and began vigorously hogging down one of MY Cheesy Gordita Crunches(with *beans* instead of meat) that I'd been salivating over the whole drive home -- WHILE my back was turned! (Oh, the nerve!)

I stood there shocked, witnessing my cat hovering over a partially devoured Cheesy Gordita Crunch, greedily licking his lips, looking up at me like, "Hey, this stuff is really good!...oops, was I not supposed to eat it?"

I snatched up my dinner before he could stick his fuzzy little face in it again and ate the remnants, all the while receiving "nose-butts" and being pawed at for more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Re: Crazy foods your cat loves

Once, I was visiting my sister who has a cat, and her roommate who also had a cat. So there was Chica, Kovie, and Vinny and the roommate- Iris- when and got a take out Qdoba burrio. She set it on a plate and left it on the table for a moment and when she came back into the room the tree of them had piled in and eaten almost half of it! When she scolded them they each grabbed the biggest mouthful they could and ran off with it. Chica got a HUGE piece of tortilla and I'm in the other room and see her run past with it. I was like what the.....?
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Premier Cat

Simba and Missy both love mandarin oranges. Whenever my hubby has some they come running and Simba will even sit up and beg for one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Premier Cat

This one is not as wild as tortilla or mandarin oranges, but Arianwen loves sardines packed in Louisiana Hot Sauce. So, whenever I make a sardine sandwich, I leave half a sardine in the can for her, along with whatever hot sauce is left.
She trill-purrs her way through it, enthusiastically licking the can spotless!
A kitty who likes hot sauce! Who would've thought?
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NosyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterkat
A kitty who likes hot sauce! Who would've thought?
Hot sauce!? How funny. And she never gets "the runs" from it?
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Cat

Dante does the whole "Ooooh you're eating! Let me see if I want some" and sniffs at whatever it is and either likes it or not. But he LOVES extra old cheddar cheese. I try not to let him eat too much because the farts he gets are foul.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Cat Addict

Doran loves Mrs. Vickies Salt and Vinegar chips...they're my favorite. I think he just wanted to do what I was doing, but now he loves them. He makes this cute scrunchie-face when he eats them, so cute!

Jitzu will eat anything that's bread. But the other day my bf brought home some bananabread from his school. She went NUTS! Meowing, and begging, and pawing, it was hilarious! I mean, she usually bets but she went totally crazy for this banana bread!

...Torri loves her liver. Not THAT odd, since its part of their dinner once or twice a week...but she just scarfs it right down. Her actual favorite though is moose meat. She gets all protective of it. Picture this adorable, white, fluffy teeny little princess cat growling and 'protecting' her food from me...who gave it to her. Lol.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Cat Addict

I don't particularly like eating pizza crust. Half the time I end up throwing it out. Teddy has become a master trashcan fisher. I have no clue that he has gotten into the can until I find a half monsched pizza crust on the floor. I've had to resort to putting rosemary oil on top of the crusts in the trash because he is prone to getting UTIs and carbs are SOOOO bad for him. He HATES the rosemary oil so it is an effective deterrent.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Cat

Little Kitty loooooooves Mcdonalds Cheeseburgers, I really want to get a picture of her taking a bite of one so I can put it on icanhascheezburger If we get lazy and grab a couple of mcd's cheeseburgers and bring them home as soon as Little Kitty smells it or see's the bag she goes nuts, if you say "Little Kitty, Cheeseburger?" she lets out a series of talkative responses.

Doodle loves strawberry pop tarts, no idea why but he goes crazy over them. Oh Little Kitty and Doodle also love butter. Doodle, Enzo, and Scruff will eat just about anything, Little Kitty has certain things she will show interest in mostly cheese, cooked meat, and butter, and Peanutty usually could care less. Many times Doodle and Enzo will steal chips if we aren't looking. Doodle once stole a bite size Lumpia from my plate and we had to chase him around the house to get it from him, he kept picking it up and running off with it, once we did get near him and picked him up he started letting out these funny growly grumbles with it still in his mouth

Mommy of 2 girls and 3 boys
Peanutty, Little Kitty, Doodle, Enzo, and Scruff
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Jr. Cat

Beefy likes lettuce and I have seen him try to eat broccoli. I think my cats will eat just about anything, I know they shouldn't, but their so bad when getting at food. Little savages!

Heather~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page