Kitty Talk - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Kitty Talk

Does it ever sound like your cat says a word? last night Enzo was meowing at me at the dinner table as always and twice it sounded like he meowed "momma" the hubby and I just laughed, it's not the first time either that he's let out a meow that sounded like that. He's just incredibly talkative, especially if there is food around he thinks he might get a taste of

Mommy of 2 girls and 3 boys
Peanutty, Little Kitty, Doodle, Enzo, and Scruff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Jr. Cat

Re: Kitty Talk

Oh, just the other day, I was sitting at the kitchen table, so I patted my lap and asked Desdemona if she'd like to sit on my lap. My husband swears he heard her say "No!" as she walked off.

But most of the time, especially as suppertime approaches, I'm convinced that they're not saying "meow," they're saying "NOWWWW!"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Nina says Ma Ma too! She might not mean me, but it makes me happy anyway! She does this when I'm not getting her food fast enough.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Premier Cat

Arianwen talks a lot to me, both in 'cat language' and English. Of course, she's more eloquent expressing herself in cat language, which is mostly gestures and body language.
A good example happened, just a few minutes ago, when Arianwen was lounging on the top level of her cat tree. I was standing next to her, stooping over a little and telling her she is a very good cat, and I love her very much. She reached up and hugged my face, firmly but with claws retracted, giving me a little kiss.
I thought her sweet gesture was done, so I straightened back up. But Arianwen had not finished what she had to say. She placed a 'hand' on top of my head, without using claws, pulling my head back down so she could give me a long, soft forehead-butt, and then a quick nose-to-nose touch.
This all happened pretty quick, probably in a lot less time than it takes to read this narrative, but she said so much with a few gestures.

I think I've been made an honorary cat.
just had to share

PS : Arianwen is sometimes a member the "Wrong Side of The Door" kitty clan, so I latch the bedroom door after I think she's settled in for the night. This morning, when I woke up, she pointed at the door and softly but very clearly said, "Open,", asking me to open the door for her.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

lol I love your descriptions of how Arienwen talks to you and lets you know how much she loves you, that soooo sweet! Peanutty is very expressive physically too, she loves to give the gentle head butts to the face and she likes to kiss my forhead and my cheeks

Mommy of 2 girls and 3 boys
Peanutty, Little Kitty, Doodle, Enzo, and Scruff
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Premier Cat

Awww, Peanutty!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Cat

What...? Cats show affection?? You mean they don't chase you around the house meowing like a maniac and pounce on you like a lion does to a zebra? Hrmm...

OH YEAH! Now I'm remember SOMETIMES Dante likes to head butt me and lick my face and purr haha. Sometimes he gets the devil into him, I swear!

He laughs at me too. Like a spoiled little child who does something he knows he's not supposed to - like door darting. He'll give a little mow-mow (like ha-ha) as he goes out. I don't fight it anymore...now we take 'walks' before I leave for class. Thank goodness we can do this since I live in an apartment and we just go down the hall and turn back. He even knows which door is his.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Premier Cat

I remember bottle raising an orphan fawn when I was in college. The fawn, Faline, had been ill and not very responsive so I'd been force-feeding her bottles of goat milk replacer. I had to go to an evening class and my Mom took over the bottle feeding for those 4hrs I'd be gone and when I got home and walked in the door, Faline was feeling better and she leapt up and ran across the family room to me, saying "Ma! Ma!"
I'm *sure* it was just her abbreviated fawn-voice, but it sure sounded cute!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page