Update on Bosses Chewing and craziness - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Update on Bosses Chewing and craziness

Boss is doing so much better even after just upping his food back to 1/2 cup a day and 2 ounces of wet.

We have also bought him a few news toys and are really tiring him out in the morning and at night.

We also found out he like those treat toys where you put a few treat or food in there and they have to role it around to get the food out and a kong toy for dogs with peanut butter in it.

Oh here are some picture of our resent play session

This is a slide show so all you have to do it click the picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Re: Update on Bosses Chewing and craziness

Also you can see in one of the pictures we bought boss a new cat scratcher with a toy in it. He already use those types of scratchers so we just bought a base for it.

So he has a lot of toys now that keep him stimulated so the cage is not even in the question and we bought all that for under 40 bucks so just for a fraction of the cage.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Premier Cat

...is that the turbo scratcher behind him? Our kitties have one, have had it for almost 9yrs, and it is STILL a hit. It's just something about that ball that goes round-and-round and they love the cardboard scratcher insert. Something else they love about it that drives them WILD is when I poke the track part *juuuuussssst* under the edge of the coffee table so the ball "disappears" for a moment. They LOVE it!

I've considered some of those treat-toys, but our kitties scatter their toys over the whole house and I don't want to have food hidden/stale and later found/eaten. One thing I use for treats is a Peek-a-Prize. It is for putting toys in, but I will scatter some treats in there and they use their paws to fish them out.

Peek-a-Prize:

I think this is great when we find out what toys our cats enjoy.
h =^..^=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yeah we got it last week and he has loved it ever sense. I got one of those things but have not pulled it out yet we are going to change his toys out ever couple of weeks. so when we need to change again. He will get the other toy.

Last edited by marie73; 03-11-2015 at 01:59 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Premier Cat

Awesome! I've heard that 'rotating toys' keeps them "fresh" and interesting longer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page