Post your favorite cat antics here! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Post your favorite cat antics here!

Do you know a cat that does something that just sticks out in your mind? Funny? Cute? Downright weird? Tell us !

Here's my story:
We all have seen cats beg for table food. Well, mine is no different. Snowy begs for all sorts of table scraps but there is one he totally goes bonkers for. PIZZA! He snuck a taste behind our backs once and is insane over it. Once we left an empty box on a table only in find our kitchen knocked upside down due to his desperation to open the box =P. Liquids were spilled etc. All was okay, but wow, this guy has literally gone hours going after pizza boxes to open them. Only for Papa John's Pizza though haha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:09 PM

Re: Post your favorite cat antics here!

When my cat Huey was young, no produce was safe! He would take it off the counter and bring it upstairs to the bedroom. I found a banana up there once, and once an onion! (a small one that had a "stem"). He also likes to eat popcorn - I'll break off a small piece of a kernel for him when I'm eating it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Premier Cat

I posted this in Cts topic, but I'll share again, here.

Mister (1995-2006)
Mister was the most insecure and neediest cat I have EVER met. If he was nervous or uncertain, he wanted to suck MY thumb. This went on for ALL 11 yrs of his life. All other times he had to be near me, touching me, on me, have my attention on him ... and he'd go to GREAT LENGTHS to get my attention.
He has sprayed walls right in front of me, ripped paper and boxes to little shreds one riiiiip-look, riiiiiiiip-look, riiiiiiip-look at a time. He'd push things off flat surfaces, lean his entire body against me, sprawl on my lap, drape his limp body over my shoulder and slowly pooouuuurrrr into my lap, weave in front of my legs and if I ignored him while watching TV, he'd "meow-wow-Wow-Wow-WOW!" at me. If that didn't work, he'd arch/hop sideways at me. If that didn't work, he'd do it again; tail up, ears back, arched back and stiff-legged hop towards me AND add a spin or two. If *that* didn't work, he'd rear up on his back legs and wave his paws between my face and the TV. (by this time, I'm struggling NOT to laugh, smile or meet his gaze) As the Grande Finale, he would make his meow cry, spin in circles, rear up, wave paws AND hop towards me on his back legs while waving his paws. Total Circus Cat!
It worked every time. I'd break down and laugh at him, calling him to me for loves.
The heart of this story: Mister was The Worst PEST, but I miss him terribly. How wonderful to be loved by a kitty so much that they want to spend all their time with you.

Mister, very much, was a limpet with the manner he clung to me. I'd get so annoyed I'd shove him away but he'd be right back again in a moment. He was also surprisingly polite about his clingyness. He would *ask* permission. He'd either give me a small meow, a soft foot tap or even just a look ... and until I actually smiled and invited him, he would wait to stick himself onto me.
....it was just all those other behaviors he did while trying to *get* my attention that drove me bonkers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Jr. Cat

My one cat back at my home, Sandy, was always a big time beggar and did a fine job of doing it. He would sit up on his hind legs and keep his balance really well while standing- he looked kinda like a prairie dog! With his mitten paws, he has a lot of toes on both of his feet. He still does this to this day, never stopped doing it. Every single dinner, every meal we had eating at the table.. he did it. Here's a photo that I took of him a few years ago up on his feet.

Heather~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats".
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Cat

Dante goes for hikes with us at the cottage. He went for an hour walk with us through the woods and LOVED it. Up hills, over fallen trees (seemed like every fallen tree we walked by he had to walk on it). He would dart ahead and wait for us. The funniest part was his panting with his cute little red tongue poking out. But he would not stray from us at all. Always in eye sight even when we got to our rest spot and hung out by the lake for a bit - watching the dog chase a stick into the water with a distainful look on his face. When getting ready for a walk he'd wait patiently with the dog at the start of the trail! I love it when he comes with us because he's always exhausted afterwards and sleeps for a looong time which means I get some peace too. It's soooo cute seeing him bound through the trees, his long kitty tail sticking straight up. So funny!

Pictures can be found here

http://img225.imageshack.us/i/dsc0433.jpg/

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/dsc0441.jpg/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page