Cat Hairs - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cat Hairs

Whats the best way to remove cat hairs from fleece jackets ect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Cat

Re: Cat Hairs

You could try with great rigor a lint roller and go through many sheets. Perhaps follow that through with a washing in the washing machine? If kitty sheds alot you may also consider regular brushing, I use Furminator and it does great. It doesn't cut my cat's fur, reduces the hairballs, and there has been less shedding in the house.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Premier Cat

I use a sticky roller, or just some tape wrapped around my hand. If all else fails I just pick off the hairs one by one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Cat

I'm afraid it's impossible. I have three different homes at the moment: university, my parents house, and the boyfriends. The cats are at the boyfriends. I then go to my parents and wash my clothes. I then go back to university and find clothes that have never been near the cats covered in hair. Cat hair gets everywhere.

Sticky rollers are the only hope.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Premier Cat

You may not want to hear this, but the easiest solution is to get clothes that the color doesn't show cat hair.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterkat
You may not want to hear this, but the easiest solution is to get clothes that the color doesn't show cat hair.
I HIGHLY agree with that, my cats are darker colored so their fur is therefore darker.. which is a good thing since I wear mainly black, blends in!

That, and using lint rollers everyday will help a GREAT deal in getting the cat fur off of you, no matter what fabric your clothes is.

Heather~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats".
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 02:16 AM
Premier Cat

I keep my nice clothes and fleece-y-ish outer-wear away from cat-access in a closet iwth pain-of-death (or lots of hysterical screaming) as the punishment for leaving the closet door open. I only dress in those clothes *minutes* before I leave the home. When I return, those clothes are imediately placed back in the closet and away from the kitties. When they require washing, I wash/dry them separately from other every-day clothes.

Sticky-tape and diligence in keeping the cat-hair-magnet clothes away from cat hair. Good luck. It is a never-ending battle.
h =^..^=

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterkat
Unless you've got black and white cats like me. In that case, you've just got to accept you've lost the battle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page