Favourites? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Favourites?

Some people, though we love all our cats, do have a "favourite" - a special kitty who you'd go to the end of the earth for. But what about your cats? Do they have a favourite human in the household? I ask because, the other day, while I was asleep, Tavish was being pet by my boyfriend. However, when Tavish looked over and saw me, he promptly ditched my boyfriend and came to snuggle with me. I didn't know, but I found it absolutely hilarious - I think my boyfriend was a wee bit jealous, as he's the one who does all the feeding/litter cleaning/providing, and I simply visit on weekends.

So, my question to you is who do your cats prefer and how do they show it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Favourites?

I have always been Arianwen's favorite
Even before my Mom moved to the nursing home, she always preferred to be near me, snuggled on my lap, snuggled with me in bed at night and stays in the same spot all night, and frequently doing various affection signals during the course of the day.
Long story short - Arianwen is a kitty angel!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Cat

Gadget is definitely mommy's little princess . She almost always sleeps on my side of the bed, she sits on my lap almost exclusively, and most nights she spends an hour or two under the covers snuggling with me. I'm pretty sure she knows when I'm sick or upset because it's the only time she sleeps right by my face.

In all fairness her favoritism isn't a huge compliment--my boyfriend's not really a cat guy. Don't get me wrong, he loves the cats, he just doesn't "get" them sometimes (nor does he have much patience for their antics).

Gizmo prefers whoever is giving him attention at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Senior Cat

Ive got my lil gal locked up in an ivory tower, well protected from any competing suitors. Shes Mine, All Mine!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Cat

Snowy doesn't seem to have a particular favorite, although I have faith that he loves me, his mommy and my bf of 5 years, his daddy. Anyone else that visits be it family member or new friend, he is just as friendly with. He actually prefers to sit in their lap and sleep with them.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Premier Cat

I am Miss Baby's favorite. No dount about that. If I sit down for any length of time she comes running to be on my lap. If I lay down she is either on my hip, or under the covers with me (this is a new behavior). Hubby can be petting her and if I say her name, or sit down, she comes running.

Simba, on the other hand, is Hubby's cat. They have an extraordinary bond and almost their own language. It is really neat to watch them together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Cat Addict

Pixelle is definitely daddy's girl and the other ones are mine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Cat Addict

I'm Mia's favorite. She's weary of other people but any woman is Fay's favorite. She'll totally ignore me and go over and rub all over any woman. I even have one neighbor that Fay still trys to climb up.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

My parents visit twice a year...2 weeks at Christmas and 5-6 weeks in the summer. The minute my father walks in the door, I become persona non grata with Kobi. Holly will go lay on him if I'm not available, but definitely prefers me. None of them like my mother very much, I think it's because she tends to drown herself in perfume.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Premier Cat

The Wanderer and Floofy definitely preferred my Husband. Reilly was more my 'husbands' cat, but I feel Rei loved us equally, my husband felt he had a closer personal bond with Rei and I agree with that.
BooBoo prefers our *neighbor/friend* and I used to be jealous, but then I realized it was actually a very beautiful thing to see a cat who has chosen their person. I can sing-out "BooBoo, your Girlfriend's here!" or "BooBoo, your Girlfriend's on the phone!" and he'll come running to look for her or I'll hold the phone to him so she can talk to him and he headbutts the phone. If her husband wasn't allergic to cats and they didn't have large Labrador Dogs that would turn Boo into a squeak-toy, I'd let her take him and she'd be so happy to have him.
I develop a strong attachment to all of our cats, and especially any that I've had to devote dedicated care to their survival, snatching them from the brink of death. ....which happens to be most of our cats.... They follow me around the house en masse. A Holiday houseguest commented I appeared to have a forcefield around me and the kitties had to move within it wherever I went in the home. Sitting, reclining and laying presents a dog-pile type competition as they jockey for body-space on/near me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page