Does Anyone Else's Kitty Like to Play Fetch? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Does Anyone Else's Kitty Like to Play Fetch?

My Azalia apparently does. She has a furry mouse look alike stuffy toy which I throw across the floor and she will retrieve and place it before me so I can throw it again. She seems to enjoy the movement the mouse appears to make when it is in motion by my throw. I've just never seen a cat fetch and bring a toy back repeatedly so I was wondering if anyone else's kitty did the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: Does Anyone Else's Kitty Like to Play Fetch?

My Precious is the only cat I have had who played fetch. She was so special to me. Her "mousie" was a piece of cardboard rolled up. She watched where I threw it, and if I missed and it landed on the love seat, I'd tell her it was on the "love, love, love." She understood that, because I always said that as I petted her there. It was so touching.
She was a lovely Seal Point Siamese. Here's a picture through the window. She's at the Bridge now, but I'll always love her.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Premier Cat

It's so cool your cat fetches!
Arianwen seems to know the game would be more exciting if she fetched her "mouse" after I throw it. But when she looks down at the toy, then back at me, she gets this poignant, sad look of doubt in her eyes.

My baby had a hard, discouraging kitten-hood, and it will take time for her to overcome it.
I think when she realizes nothing bad is going to happen, she'll be a proper "fetching" kitty, in every sense of the word.

Jeanie, that is a beautiful picture of Precious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Cool Cat

I wish. Stormy is a half-fetcher. I throw the toy mouse, she runs after it.... then she sits there looking at me like she's wondering why I don't pull another toy mouse to throw out of thin air. Or like she's wondering why I don't come pick up the mouse myself to throw it again.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Senior Cat

My gal fetches to an extent. She fetches and brings it half way quite often, sometimes she fetches it all the way. She often drops a toy at my feet or next to me in the couch to get me playing.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Tom Cat

Elijah loves fetch but doesn't like to stop so we play for 1/2 an hour or so straight at least once a day. He likes it if I throw his mouse on top of things, like stacks of PA equipment, so he really has to work for it. Oddly 4 out the 5 kittens in the litter all play fetch and none of them were really taught. Could it be an inherited trait? The 5th I don't know about so she may too. After a few emails I haven't heard from her new owners though my niece knows them and says she is doing great and rules the roost.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Cat

Not quite fetch but boof drags his food bowl into the bathroom so the others cant still his food
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Kitten

Aries loves playing fetch! She will do it for an hour at a time if you give her a chance....its also quiet funny when she will bring every single ball she can find in to the bedroom middle of the night and meow until you throw it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Premier Cat

Nanook loves to play fetch with balls of paper. He'd play for hours if I could. It looks like he's taught Lucy 'cause she's started too but, she sort of brings it back in her own time. Sometimes she'll show up 10 minutes later with the paper in her mouth. Then she drops it and meows at me like "Hey, slacker! I need you to throw this now!"

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page