Cost of cat-sitting - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Cost of cat-sitting

I have a question. What's typically the going rate for catsitting? $15/day? $20? $25?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Cost of cat-sitting

Things are sometimes more expensive in San Diego, but a quick search found:

While we are at your home, we offer:
Feeding
Fresh water
Brushing
Playtime
Walks for dogs
Clean litter box
Clean yard of dog waste
Administer medications
Trash to curb
Rotate lights and curtains
Bring in mail and newspapers
Plant watering inside and outside
Move your car on street sweeping days

flat rate price - visits are 30 minutes each
One visit per day $21
Two visits per day $39

Home visits are 20-30 minutes to include, playing, petting, brushing, visiting with your cat, scooping up cat litter and emptying, changing water and food, plant watering (small house plants),bringing in mail, changing lighting in the house (as though you were home), putting the trash out and other minor activities that don't prevent caring for your cat.

CAT: $20 a visit your place

Each visit includes playtime, feeding, fresh water, litter box maintenance and administration of any necessary medications for your pets, as well as home care including plant watering, taking trash to curb, bringing in mail and newspapers, security check of premises and rotating lights and/or blinds to maintain a "lived-in" look. Up to 3 visits daily.

Starting at $22 per visit

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Kitten

I'm paying $16 per 1/2 hour visit in Eastern PA. I've seen people charging as little $14 in my area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Depends on where you live and the type of sitter you hire. For example, if you hire a service that employs many sitters you're probably going to pay more because the service has to pay their employees and get their cut. Hiring an individual who is fully insured, maybe has vet tech training or is a dog trainer...some formal pet education, advertises and runs a business may get you a middle of the road rate. Hiring someone who just does it on the side, gets jobs by word of mouth, isn't formally in business will likely be the least expensive. I wouldn't say any one of these is the best way to go...the person who does it as a hobby may be the best sitter out of all of them, but then again maybe not. You need to evaluate the person and the business.

That said...I've seen rates vary from $10 to over $30 per visit with average being $15-20.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

There's a wide range of prices on Craigslist, some insured, some not. The best thing might be to ask your vet. Some of the employees at my current and last vet offices do it on the side.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Senior Cat

I pay $22/visit for two cats in NYC. They get about an hour of attention per visit.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Cat Addict

Here's something that came up here not long ago. and the prices for various services in my area near Tampa.

http://www.petsitters.org/

Pet Visits
Price: $15 / Half Hour or $20 / Hour
We'll check in on your pets. This is perfect for animals that don't need to be walked but love companionship. When applicable, visits include play time, feeding, litter box, and or cage cleaning.

Pet Sitting
Price: $30 / 24 Hour Period Includes 3 visits
Rates Adjusted for Additional Pets
In your home, so your pets can maintain their routine in the safety and comfort of their own environment! Includes, morning, mid day, evening private walks, feeding, and when applicable, litter box and/or cage cleaning, mail and newspaper retrieval, plant watering, light rotation, opening/closing blinds, and home security checks.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page