Arianwen, the Watch-Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Arianwen, the Watch-Cat

My neighbor-from-**** and/or his dog-from-**** is in my back yard and around my house a lot.
Arianwen knows i really don't like this, and has made a new habit of telling me when and where they are around the house, and whether it's the dog, the guy, or both. This is wonderful, in a way, but I swear it's going to give me ulcers, a heart attack or both.

Gotta love the sweet watch-kitty, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Arianwen, the Watch-Cat

Don't you just hate people who don't respect your boundaries like that? We had to put up a fence in the front yard because ouf neighbors would let their dogs do their "business" in the yard and my garden. Too bad you can't get a shock collar on the human that goes off every time he crosses into your yard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Premier Cat

Is this guy just an annoyance-or a potential problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Cat Addict

I have some problem neighbors too. Right up to letting their dog (pit bull of course) poop in the yard. I didn't find out until after I left that the police office who used to live in my house left because of the neighbors across the street. You have to be pretty bad to run off a cop. Another of my neighbors has a restraining order against them. After some things were stolen from my garage I told them to be careful because if I so much as heard a noise out there I'd shoot first and turn on the lights later. That's actually legal in Florida. They've stayed away since they saw me take a rifle out of the trunk of my car and into the house.

People may not like guns but guns and liberal home defense laws make for good neighbors.

Gunter, don't tell me you can't do that in Alabama.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

It's neat the way Arianwen can tell, just by listening, who and where the intruders are. And the way she has learned to make herself understood to tell me about them is soooo sweet.

Yeah, Alabama's home defense laws favor the resident. I found out recently I can even do target practice in my back yard, as long as it's not too loud. So I'm going to print up some targets, and sit on the back steps zeroing in the scope on my rifle.

I might also get a Smith & Wesson model 500, just for fun. That may be just a tad too loud to shoot in the yard, but hey ....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Premier Cat

Hey,you've already got Ari covering your 6. (That's 'back' in army-ese)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Cat Addict

I was sure Alabama had to be up there with Florida. I guess we should warn our Eurpoean members. If you visit the US and are in any of the states below don't make any sudden moves or agitate the natives. They can pretty much just shoot you and say they were freightened by your accents.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I think sitting on the steps sighting in my rifle should send the correct message to my "wonderful" neighbor.

Oh, I should have mentioned. There are frequently noises of someone trying the front door late at night.
I'm sure they are just looking out for my security, making sure I remember to lock the door.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Cat Addict

@Gunterkat: That's pretty scary! Neighbors can be pretty annoying. I remember one or two of them that I wish I could throttle without landing myself in jail! But at least you got a watch cat!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpaca
@Gunterkat: That's pretty scary! Neighbors can be pretty annoying. I remember one or two of them that I wish I could throttle without landing myself in jail! But at least you got a watch cat!
She really is a blessing! In so many ways, besides being a Watch Cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page