Jimmu and Castiel come home tonight! *updates!* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Jimmu and Castiel come home tonight! *updates!*

Hey everyone. ive been awol on these boards for a few months now. had some employment issues and been a little depressed. But now everything is all good and i got good news. i just went to see some 8wk old kittens today and we are in the process of adopting two of them. we are going to try to see if my cat is ok with two male kittens. both are black with green eyes. one has a white tipped tail and the other has some "salt" or scarce white hairs down his back. they are both active and friendly and i think they will get along.

this time round instead of giving them the whole room we are getting them a playpen ( http://www.antonline.com/p_Midwest--CAT ... 606564.htm )
so that azores still feels she has control of all her territory. we also got more cat trees on our list of things to buy.

so any tips on kitten-proofing the house? i know about leaving things out that can dangle or catch their attention but are there other things, like keeping newspaper available for oopsies or something???

thanks all and sorry i was gone for so long >>>hugs<<<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Adopting kittens!

Oh, I think you'll do fine with them. I'm sorry you were having some issues, but glad they've worked out. Even if you're feeling low, you can still visit, I'm sure we'd have all tried to cheer you up and be supportive. ((hugs))
heidi =^..^=

ps...I wanted to say, I like your description of saying "salt" to describe those random white hairs on a black cat. Our Mister had some 'salt' on the bridge of his nose.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Premier Cat

We use that kennel. It gives them the chance to go up
and down on the shelves. Weve even rigged up long shelves
with dowls and a fabric shelf (seams like cafe curtians have)
to put the dowls thru. I know Im not explaining it well.

Here is a good article on Little Big Cat to remind you what you need to address
when adding new additions to your home. You probably know all these
things but nice to check list off what is needed and how to make it an easier transition.
http://littlebigcat.com/index.php?ac...eyougetakitten

http://littlebigcat.com/index.php?ac...tintroductions

Having kittens in the house is such a joy. They remind you of
the pure joy of life. Congrats on these two little guys. Glad your
adopting black kitties. They have such a hard sell in shelters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat

that stupid kennel. i was fighting with it for hours. Some of the parts had bent in wrong directions so i spent alot of time with my gerber (multi tool knife, sort of like a swiss army knife but for techs) fixing it. so i finally got it up in about 3 hours lmao. granted i was being lazy.

so im scheduled to have my in house interview tomorrow. hopefully ill pass and can bring them home on sunday, oh i hope i hope i hope i hope i hope lmao.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Premier Cat

Paws crossed that the interview goes well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat

she totally approved us on the spot.
now we just have to set the date to finish up the paperwork and bring the cats home.

oh and we came up with names. their original names are jimmy and ralph. we decided to go with jimmu (japanese for jim) and castiel.

hhehe we are still fighting technically cause the hubbie likes amir as well. so we will see, and ill let yall know!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Jimmu and Castiel come home tonight!!!

The countdown begins!!!!

We went to petsmart to pick up some supplies. some of the things we got were:

Avoderm (kitten and cat food) azores is on that now after some advice and research on the food.

cat greenies. (azores teeth is pleasantly free of plaque, but just in case lmao).

Tiday cat cat litter (we stuck with the basics as we arent sure what litter the kittens use, plus that combine with the dust free cat litter should be the ultimate cat litter).

we were gonna get a cat tree but hubby doesnt like the feel of the carpeted trees they have a pet smart.

we also got these:

azores hasnt "caught on" to the snuggly sack but i think she will love the fountain. we are both a sucker for fountains.

we also got more feliway dispensers and still have left over spirit essences. i think we are good to go!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Adopting kittens! - Jimmu and Castiel come home tonight!

I have to say that Hubby sounds quite cute that he is so concerned abut the feel of the cat tree. I am so excited for all of you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
I have to say that Hubby sounds quite cute that he is so concerned abut the feel of the cat tree. I am so excited for all of you!
yeah he is very particular about textures. Hes looking for the goldilocks of cat trees. not too soft, not too hard, not too short, not too eye sore'ish lmao. he even dug his fingers in the carpeted tree to simulate what azores feels. "i dont think she likes this texture." i found another one that had the right texture but..."it doesnt look like shes gonna have a lot of fun. im not feeling fun on this one."

hes the reason why we dont have a couch right now. he "feels" iffy and sluggish or exuberant depending on the texture of the couch. he wants leather i want fabric. i even found a couch that was both leather and fabric and guess what he said......."i dont like the way it looks." i was like "look woman, you need to decide, im tired of running around trying to find a couch for you!!!" we like to play with each other that way, like ill come up to him and say things like "hey babes, i just noticed i missed an appointment i had setup for you. based on my biological clock, i should of nagged you at least 3 times last week and failed to do so. so to make up for it i came up with a list of things to nag to you about and ill go over it right now.... [nag nag nag nag nag]." he starts rotfl and the cat looks at us like were crazy.

anyways, now i have to shop online for a cat tree that aesthetically meets his needs and hope he oks the texture.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat

oh snaps!! im off to work and heading to the shelter to pick them up. oh joy!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page