A Cat's idea for an Olympic Game - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

A Cat's idea for an Olympic Game

My cat Cutie has decided to introduce a new Olympic sport (played indoors so it can be either winter or summer games). This sport is called Kitchen Floor Skidding, it does require linoleum or some slippery surface, rugs won't work; it also requires a marble or ball.

There are three main objectives in this sport, that are each part of the scoring process:
1. Have your human kick or roll a ball across the kitchen floor. Run after it at break neck speed. (speed actually counts for about 1/5th of the score)
2. Slam on the brakes and see who skids the furthest (2/5th of the score)
3. Finally, measure the size of the tail and he (or she) who has the smallest one wins (big tails are only for fraidy cats) 2/5
4. Perfect scores are only given to a cat who can appear to materialize all their fluff into another room and come over to see what all the fuss was about. The idea is they're terribly embarrassed by whoever made the commotion in the kitchen, and try to convince you that it wasn't them.

Two or more cats can play the game in which case it becomes Kitchen Floor Hockey. Here the goal is the same as above only to score one needs to put the marble (or small ball) under any kitchen appliance. Then further points are rewarded to the one who stays the longest watching under the stove (or appliance), as if they're going to intimidate the object into coming out.

Personally, I'd sit glued to my TV set for a game like that. Does anyone else have a cat with ideas for a Cat Olympic Games?

Kylee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Premier Cat

Re: A Cat's idea for an Olympic Game

How loud can I make the bathroom door at the end of the wooden-floored hallway rattle when I slide full-speed into it?
Who can jump up the wall the highest? Points for X-game-like maneuvers.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Senior Cat

My gal took silver in this sport the other day. She was a little disappointed she didnt get gold since she practices every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Cat

Lol! We have an extremely massive floor of slippery hardwood at our condo. My cat loves that game too! He loves slamming on the breaks and sometimes he'll spin round and round and round...
What about other points? Sometimes Snowy runs so fast and the floor is so slippery that he actually runs but stays in the same place, like those cartoons .
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Premier Cat

Murphy's Olympic sport would be galloping down the hall at breakneck speed, jumping to one arm of the couch, jumping across to the other arm of the couch, jumping down to his little house, then sauntering across the living room floor and looking at me like, "What?"

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

Nito's olympic sport would be "Mid-night-human-face-walking"

1/5 points if you can wake up the human (bonus point if human is angry enough to get out of bed and chase you) (extra bonus point for waking both humans)
2/5 points if you can jump from face to face without touching the bed
1/5 for style
1/5 for vocal technique (louder is better)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Cool Cat

Stormy proposes "Bath Tub Balance Beam."

Contestant will walk back and forth on the edge of the bathtub asking bathing human to pet her, changing directions frequently.

Should contestant slip and her delicate toes actually TOUCH THE WATER, contestant must COMPLETELY FREAK OUT. Bonus points for height and distance of freak-out.

Contestant will then launch herself towards the other side of the bathroom by way of the bathing humans' beverage. Points are based on how completely the beverage is emptied onto the bathroom floor. Bonus points are awarded if contestant can get bathing humans' dry pajamas wet.

The dismount: contestant must stalk off with puffed-up tail in indignation at the beverage and bath for MAKING HER WET. Points scored based on style and artistry of indignation.

Stormy was practicing this game the other night.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Cat

Dante's game kind of goes along with Bethany's. It's "chase the human around the apartment/house once they've emerged from shower/bath". Bonus points for if they are still naked. Looking for screaming and squealing in humans and style for how they try to get away (standing on top of couches, using objects to hold cat back). The key to gold is making it look like a scene from the Sahari desert with the lion taking down the zebra. Blood being drawn in optional.

(oooh how I hate this game)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Cat

I just thought of another one.

Clothing rack balance. Pretty straight forward. Try to walk on the clothing drying rack and try to get as many clean clothes covered with cat hair as possible.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany
The dismount: contestant must stalk off with puffed-up tail in indignation at the beverage and bath for MAKING HER WET. Points scored based on style and artistry of indignation.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page