does your cat have a sucky ? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

does your cat have a sucky ?

Just wondering... Kit Kat whos 7 months old now "still" has her sucky blanket...usually in the evenings when shes wanting some loving, shell jump from my husband to me to the kids for petting and playing and then finds her beloved blanket and kneeds and sucks on it still..shes done that since we brought her home at 5 weeks. Just wondering if anyone elses does that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: does your cat have a sucky ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKatsmama
brought her home at 5 weeks.
That's why she displays this behavior...kittens separated from their mother too early will often suck on a surrogate item...blanket, owner (ear lobs are popular), dog, another cat etc. Sometimes it stops as they get older, a lot of times it doesn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Premier Cat

Yup, Lucy is 1 1/2yrs old and still uses her suck shirt daily. God help me if I can't find it right away!
Nanook sucked on earlobes when he was a baby but grew out of it...mostly.
And Sundance, who passed away a few years ago at 14, had a suck shirt his entire life...well, two actually, his first one finally fell apart and he got a second one.
All three of them were taken from their Moms too young. Sundance was abandoned at our door step at no more than a few days old and Lucy and Nanook were both pound kitties that were about 6 wks when I got them. Poor little peanuts.
Some people have trained their cats to stop. I figure, if it gives them comfort and makes them happy, it's fine with me. And it's so darn cute!

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Tom Cat

Yes, me or hubby. Harley is an ear lobe sucker, and although I don't always let him, I judge the moment. Lots of stress this week, the cats have been contained to our bedroom d/t a security system was installed and we have people remodeling our kitchen and doing a few other things. So when he came up on my lap after dinner, I knew he needed some extra attention. I took my hoop earring out and gave him the okay and he snuggled right up, although didn't suck on it for long, just 5-10 seconds and was content to just lay on my shoulder kneading my chest. He's my oldest and the biggest baby. I don't know his story, got him at "1 year old" from the shelter, he came in as a surrender.

Leslie
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Premier Cat

We rescued three young siblings in 1995. Mister sucked MY thumb all his life, until 2006. He taught me to sleep with my hands under the covers, pillow or under my body or I could wake up with him attached to my thumb.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page