I can smell it here somewhere... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I can smell it here somewhere...

Argh! I can smell cat pee (and have been for awhile now) but no amount of cleaning gets rid of it. I know its here somewhere, its like a treasure hunt only the treasure is a very poor one. Every since my elderly foster, Charlie has been gone I keep finding spots where he went number one. I know he's peed in this room, I've watched him come right up beside my computer chair while I'm in it and start peeing but I think he's probably gone behind/under the computer desk a time or two. Of course he'd go behind the biggest, heaviest, most awkward piece of furniture in the house, of course he would.

Boyfriend thinks I'm nuts going around the house sniffing the air like a Bloodhound with cleaner and rag in hand...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Jr. Cat

Re: I can smell it here somewhere...

Ugh. Mystery pee smell is even worse than stepping in it - at least with the latter you know where to clean!

It looks like you have two options:
1) Move the computer desk and saturate the flooring with an enzymatic cleaner (Nature's Miracle Odor Destroyer) and hope you hit the affected are OR
2) Invest in a blacklight (they have these in pet stores) and use it in a dark room to locate ALL of the urine spots. Then, clean those with the enzymatic cleaner . This procedure is defined more thoroughly in a "sticky" in the Behavior forum on this board: https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11535

Either way, you're probably going to have to move the big, heavy, awkward piece of furniture.

Hope this helps! I'm sure our more experienced members will chime in soon.

Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki
2) Invest in a blacklight (they have these in pet stores) and use it in a dark room to locate ALL of the urine spots. Then, clean those with the enzymatic cleaner . This procedure is defined more thoroughly in a "sticky" in the Behavior forum on this board: https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11535
roflcakes. It's like forensic files.

When I was in high school, Mimi would urinate at random places when stressed out. One night, it was my backpack, just a little pee though. Then, this guy I had a huge crush on for years approached me to chat. There was serious talk that he was really into me and he was one of the popular dudes but really shy when it came to girls. We hit up a conversation and of course the stink has to HIT then! He goes: *sniff* *sniff*, wrinkles forehead, looks around, "what's that smell"? Then the stink hits me too and I bolt off to class! Don't worry, it all worked out fine in the end but BOY it was embarrassing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Premier Cat

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Premier Cat

I have been known to hands/knees crawl around the room with my nose to the floor to find pee-spots that need to be cleaned. Thankfully, I haven't had to do that in a good long while!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page