Long Wait Has Begun - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Long Wait Has Begun

My GF lost her Coatie, a chocolate point Balinese female, to kidney failure in January. Coatie was 16 and the bond between her and my GF was incredible. Coatie's departure also left Sammy, a four year old blue point Balinese male, without a playmate. Well the clock has begun ticking. In about 14 weeks either Chester or Delilah will be coming home to keep Sammy, and my GF, company. The litter of 5 lilac point balis was born 2 weeks ago, one girl and 3 boys. The breeder is going to keep one; the girl if she's a show stopper or a boy if he's a show stopper. My GF's first choice is the girl, so we'll have to wait and see...

The next 14 weeks are goiing to be very long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Long Wait Has Begun

How exciting that you are going to be adding a new baby to the family. 14 weeks is a loooongg time to wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

My GF is beside herself! Picture a 5 year old on Christmas eve We are going to get pictures in a few weeks and I will share them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Premier Cat

You have to wait weeks for pictures? Oh, the breeder is cruel. I would think that you would at least get weekly pictures.

They need to have a kitten cam. On a dog forum that I frequent there is a litter due tomorrow and the breeder has a cam so that we can all watch the activities from birth til they go off to their new homes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
They need to have a kitten cam. On a dog forum that I frequent there is a litter due tomorrow and the breeder has a cam so that we can all watch the activities from birth til they go off to their new homes.
They have this for mares too! And you, the viewer can set the camera to either high or low alert - its an extra set of eyes for the barn owner. Boy, it is addicting to watch!

Anyway, congrats on the new kitty! And yes, pictures must be put up ASAP!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
You have to wait weeks for pictures? Oh, the breeder is cruel. I would think that you would at least get weekly pictures.

That is very cool!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Jr. Cat

First of All, I'm sorry for your guys loss - 16years is a long time and that must have been really hard on your GF.

Secondly, CONGRATS on your upcoming addition!
We are awaiting pictures of an almost 7week old Ragdoll to see if he will be our new addition in 6-8weeks & its been 4days I've been waiting on pics and its KILLING us!! I agree these breeders are cruel! lol
12weeks will be VERY hard to wait, I've found that if every few days I buy something I need for the new kitty - then that helps pass the time LOL!! Although dh isn't to happy with this approach!
Anyway, Looking forward to pictures of your new cutie!!

-Kelly-
~Soon to be Cat Owner. (I hope
)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

True, the breeder is cruel, but she's where I got Franklin and Franny so I'll try and convince my GF to be patient. I'm not sire how much luck I'll have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page