Litter Questions? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Litter Questions?

So now that I have my litter box situation figured out (in another thread) Now I need to figure out Litter lol I bought Feline Pine but it honestly makes me kind of nervous after searching past threads about it. How when it becomes wet it turns to saw dust and many have said that it tracks pretty bad, while others didn't have that problem.
I know the key to a clean litter box is scooping daily and keeping it clean over all, but is there just a LITTER that everyone agrees on is the best? LOL (Yea right, can't be that easy, huh?!)
Anyway, a friend recommended Worlds Best Cat litter and claimed after trying several this is the one she has been happiest with...Then others have mentioned feline pine, Swheat Scoop, Yesterdays news etc,.. All of the above are available in my area. Is there anything at walmart that is WORTH using? I ask because our pet store is about a 15/20minute drive while Walmart is 2blocks away. I don't like all the extra chemicals/scents which is why I wanted something like the before mentioned litters but I'm honestly confused about clay litters, pine based litter, wheat based, corn based?...Which works the best, or are they just about equal...Is there one better for cats over all health than the other...

Thanks.

-Kelly-
~Soon to be Cat Owner. (I hope
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Cat

Re: Litter Questions?

I adore feline pine. It is my absolutely favorite cat litter in the whole wide world. It clumps great, smells great (its smells like Xmas trees every time one of them pees), is lightweight, fairly inexpensive, no dust... its just the best! I'm even a fan of it on facebook!

Seriously, give Feline Pine a try before you rush out to buy anything else. After all, you've already bought it.

Edited to add: I've tried pretty much every kind of litter out there. Corn based litters, in my opinion, smell AWFUL.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckel
I adore feline pine. It is my absolutely favorite cat litter in the whole wide world. It clumps great, smells great (its smells like Xmas trees every time one of them pees), is lightweight, fairly inexpensive, no dust... its just the best! I'm even a fan of it on facebook!

Seriously, give Feline Pine a try before you rush out to buy anything else. After all, you've already bought it.

Edited to add: I've tried pretty much every kind of litter out there. Corn based litters, in my opinion, smell AWFUL.
Are you using the pellet form?
That is the kind we have.

If NOT have you tried the pellet form?

-Kelly-
~Soon to be Cat Owner. (I hope
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

I bought some litter last week, I think it was at Walmart, it was just a "brand X" litter, called Special Kitty. It's clumping, scent-free, very low dust and inexpensive. I usually use Fresh Step, but there was none and I just didn't feeling like stopping at another place on the way home. It's more fine than Fresh Step seems to work just great.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Cat

Nope, not using the pellet form! I have only heard good things about that too, though.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Jr. Cat

I've tried pellets and paper-based kitty litter, but eventually i realized i like the clay ones most. Unscented kitty litter, it clumps the best and there's no tracking. Its just that the kitty litter bits might spill over to the floor when the kitty hops in and out of the box. Im using a hooded litter box so it keeps most of the litter in without spilling much.
And there is absolutely no odour, i keep the litterbox in my room so im quite fussy about the smell. hope this helps!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I bought some litter last week, I think it was at Walmart, it was just a "brand X" litter, called Special Kitty. It's clumping, scent-free, very low dust and inexpensive. I usually use Fresh Step, but there was none and I just didn't feeling like stopping at another place on the way home. It's more fine than Fresh Step seems to work just great.
I've used Special Kitty, and it was fantastic. Clumped well, no smell, no dust. 40lbs for like $6 and it's better than any of the stuff have access to at my local grocery store... Unfortunately I don't have access to WalMart where I am now... I'm really not a fan of WalMart at all but I'd love to have one nearby purely so I could buy cat litter!

If anyone asks, I'm studying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page